Advice Request Parental control alternatives?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
K9 had amazing web filtering, but it affects to disconnect me from games, no way to whitelist it
Forticlient slowed network

Any other web filter / parental control for blocking adult sites, phishing, gambling etc?

I know ublock origin with filterlists work aswell but still asking

Edit: tried some filters with ublock , but still getting to finnish gambling sites, they only block most common ones. k9 worked on these sites tho

Last edited:

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Then one I pointed to is more of a setup and forget it. There Home Free service has filters you can customize but I don't remember how much.

Home Free by OpenDNS
Yes, this is the one im looking for instead of just typing dns address into box
I think this one is like register and you can control site access via your browser like in k9 and forticlient
setting it up soon

Reactions: vtqhtr413

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Does anyone know a good parental control software that can block all websites except for those on a whitelist?
I am presently using Norton Family for this, but the freemium is expiring soon.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.