Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Have kept things simple here :-D
I have no plans to root my device soon, though I am a super fan of the same.
In my previous Galaxy Note 2 and 3 Neo, I used to jointly flash and script mods. MIUI has kept me in place.

One tip for superusers: try 'Atitheft Droid SMS' or 'Antitheft Droid Web'. These are factory-reset-proof apps I had found damn useful.
Suggestions welcome!

Last edited:

Parsh

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Wow, thats a very nice setup, thanks for sharing! I am curious, with all the MIUI UI does its somewhat look like an iPhone?
Screencaps if you can please, i am very curious....

I dont know why I settled for a simple elegant theme in MIUI (with custom icons ofcourse). I haven't used any custom launchers or 3d themes or zooper widgets. Plain MIUI. Love it!

Here's the iPhone theme you were looking for :) There are many more

oX83rBY.png

And many more themes in my favorites (each with some custom style element)

ZUllYIG.png

-------------
AcbRmdD.png

AND HERE COME MY ACTUAL SCREENS

G8GZOY0.png
SxwclhF.png
gO96Je9.png

EDIT: @Svoll I missed showing you the UI of updated apps. Here it is:

X5qJqkG.png
XNObCHR.png
5xcTjsI.png
B09MYMH.png
NzFtdUZ.png
YfKHWYp.png
PNljxmI.png
n58N8FE.png

My college buddy has a white Redmi Note3 and I have the black (gray) one.
For me, the iPhone theme with that new blue-orangish shade waves wallpaper + iOS icons look great only with the White device (just like I like the iOS colors on white iPhones only). He has the iOS theme and looks gorgeous. Mine is plain MIUI. I is happy ;)

Last edited:

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Thanks for the screen shots, its beautiful! I remember getting my hand me down phone (galaxy 2) from my dad and always modding at XDA. Miui was my favorite Rom then and looks somewhat like an iphone then.

Thanks once again for a trip down memory lane even tho it was only 2 years ago, hahaha.

Parsh

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Thanks for the screen shots, its beautiful! I remember getting my hand me down phone (galaxy 2) from my dad and always modding at XDA. Miui was my favorite Rom
Great! XDA was my part time family too. It used to feel like home.
However, I avoided MIUI custom ROMS because they felt heavy, and damn they pretty much are right now too :D

Parsh

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
I will say that Xiaomi provides more than anyone would ever expect from an android phone. Users are already pseudo superusers!
Yet, these phones are not for non-techies. Default restrictive settings, so many, I mean really many tweaks and settings are hidden here and there and it feels like we could explore MIUI for all day!
Many settings and options need to be changed before you can have normal RAM operations, background maintenance etc.

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
I will say that Xiaomi provides more than anyone would ever expect from an android phone. Users are already pseudo superusers!
Yet, these phones are not for non-techies. Default restrictive settings, so many, I mean really many tweaks and settings are hidden here and there and it feels like we could explore MIUI for all day!
Many settings and options need to be changed before you can have normal RAM operations, background maintenance etc.

Too bad they are only available at certain areas. I would love to get the Xioami Mi Mix. On a CDMA network so that won't happen and GSM networks in the US are how do I put it, spotty reception.

Parsh

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Too bad they are only available at certain areas. On a CDMA network so that won't happen and GSM networks in the US are how do I put it, spotty reception.
I get it :)
It's difficult in US and places in Europe too
In Asia, people were crazy for booking MI phones during Flash Sales. People used to chuck work and play, all to get a chance to book a Redmi phone!

ant_gamal

Level 5
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
Some appz you add in configuration I could not find on Google play store
Could you give me link

Also does it free like

ORBOT browser (TOR) - AdClear

Does orbot proxy affect on speed of network

Intel appz does better than lastpass

Parsh

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Could you give me link
Also does it free like
Here's Adclear. It was featured on XDAdevelopers.com too. It's good for non-rooted devices.
For rooted devices, many patchers are available eliminating the need of using a VPN to block ADs.
And here's Orbot!
I don't have enough points to differentiate except that Intel Truekey has nice integration with Windows (Windows Hello) and can be used to login to Windows. Both have fingerprint access in Android. Rest, you can try out both to decide.

ant_gamal

Level 5
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
Could you give me link

Also does it free like

Parsh

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Many thanks for appz
No problem:) Happy exploring!
One thing, if you're going to download more apps from external sources, have an antivirus ready, like Bitdefender antivirus free.

Reactions: ant_gamal

ant_gamal

Level 5
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
No problem:) Happy exploring!
One thing, if you're going to download more apps from external sources, have an antivirus ready, like Bitdefender antivirus free.
I have 6 month giveaway for bitdefender and one year for zemana
Thanks

Reactions: Parsh

Parsh

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Looks good! Do you need unknown sources for apks?
I do! Like some modded apps or some apps like Adguard etc. that aren't allowed on Play Store but are trusted and awesome!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.