Advice Request PC Cleaning Apps are a Scam!

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Are you use PC Cleaning Apps?

• Yes

Votes: 54 69.2%
  • No

Votes: 24 30.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
I have stopped using them and ever since, I have run in far fewer issues with Windows... go figure Microsoft developers were right when they said we should not use them. All they do is break things.

Better alternatives: Revo Uninstaller, Bulk Crap Uninstaller and Autoruns, don't install crap. I install Windows 10 builds using the in-place upgrade which resets the registry anyway so technically my registry is getting cleaned twice a year which is enough. I have never run into registry problems due to a normal program. BUT I have run into registry problems due to a registry cleaner wreaking havoc...

That being said, be very very careful when you uninstall AOMEI Backupper using Revo Uninstaller. I blindly clicked delete all leftover files because that usually works during advanced uninstall but upon further inspection it deletes some system files that are essential in booting up your computer and needless to say it didn't boot (Inaccessible Boot Device error).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.