On Sale! pCloud 2TB first year for $29

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Barakah

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Apr 13, 2018
Hello! I’m a user of pCloud since their start and I can say they are one of the best. This is just a fantastic discount and I believe everyone should get this

Save, Share & Enjoy Even Your Largest Files Quickly & Securely with pCloud

Please note that you can still get another 10% discount on the same deal. In fact, when you first open the link you’ll see a notification on how to get your %10 percent discount.

Reactions: LASER_oneXM

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I use it and I got 11GB of storage for free as a giveaway. It worked very well when I was first using it, but now no longer syncs my files. It says that everything has been uploaded, despite not syncing my files since last year. There is no option to manually run a sync, so I can update the cloud backup. Upgrading to the latest version made no difference, so I have just contact pCloud's support.

I had wrongly assumed it had been working. However, I use other cloud backup services too, so I do have other backups if one or more services fails.

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
About 2 years ago i purchased a lifetime licence of pCloud with 500GB. Im using the cloud to access necessary files (music, few documents) when im not at home. You can access pCloud via a drive letter (drive letter 'P') in your windows file manager.
I'm quite satisfied with this cloud service.

Reactions: Barakah

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
I have been using pcloud for about 6 months and have been highly impressed. Its better than Dropbox and does a really good job of synchronising your backups. The software works really smoothy and there’s lots of little features that I havent seen elsewhere.

I also take regular backups on an external hard drive. I try to avoid uploading really confidential files because any cloud service could be hacked.

Pcloud is good !

Barakah

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Apr 13, 2018
I use it and I got 11GB of storage for free as a giveaway. It worked very well when I was first using it, but now no longer syncs my files. It says that everything has been uploaded, despite not syncing my files since last year. There is no option to manually run a sync, so I can update the cloud backup. Upgrading to the latest version made no difference, so I have just contact pCloud's support.

I had wrongly assumed it had been working. However, I use other cloud backup services too, so I do have other backups if one or more services fails.
There support is great even for free users. Contact them.

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
I have also been using it for quite a long time, when it had just started out. I use the free version (50 GB from some promotion) and its very good, much better than any other I have tried. Features like remote uploading and zipping- unzipping files are very useful. Though in FF quantum I'm having some problem with the UI.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Everyone should have physical storage option but I believe, too, that a cloud storage is as needed as physical storage.
Not saying it's bad, but I have a portable 2TB Samsung HDD for backups for Windows (1TB) and macOS (1TB). One-off payment for a lifetime, or until the hardware fails, gets damaged, or stolen. For off-line storage, I've not looked at a RAID set-up due to inexperience and cost.

I already use Google and Microsoft online services, but IF I need a service that provides more, I can get Box (paid plan). Box is just personal preference over other cloud storage providers.

Personal - Box Personal Plan Overview
Non-Profit - Box.org
Business - Plans and Pricing | Box

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
There support is great even for free users. Contact them.
You're right. They were able to help me fix my issue, which is good. But on the downside, I had to unlink my account in the pDrive app. Doing that deletes all the folder syncs you have set up, and then when you sign in again, you need to manually create them again. No data gets lost when doing this, but it certainly is an annoyance. At least they informed me about this, so I knew I would have to set them up again.

Hopefully, I won't have to do that again. But, it is working fine now. I created a new file in one of my synced folders and it was immediately available in my cloud P: drive.

Reactions: Barakah

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Just read the recent comments by pCloud users....don't look good

pCloud is rated "Poor" with 4.8 / 10 on Trustpilot

Edit - Their privacy policy also don't look so good

pCloud - Privacy Policy
I'm not surprised, as it is very buggy. While the instructions from their support, enabled me to get pCloud syncing again, that was not the end of my problems. It decided to replace some of the files on C drive, with older versions from the cloud. Well, at least nothing was lost, as it renamed the files on my C drive, before downloading the old versions, so I had both the current and old versions of the files stored locally.

But, why on earth, would I want to replace a file with a much older version? Anyway, I've emailed support again and depending on their response, I quite likely will ditch pCloud. For now, I've paused it, to stop it from syncing.

Barakah

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Apr 13, 2018
You're right. They were able to help me fix my issue, which is good. But on the downside, I had to unlink my account in the pDrive app. Doing that deletes all the folder syncs you have set up, and then when you sign in again, you need to manually create them again. No data gets lost when doing this, but it certainly is an annoyance. At least they informed me about this, so I knew I would have to set them up again.

Hopefully, I won't have to do that again. But, it is working fine now. I created a new file in one of my synced folders and it was immediately available in my cloud P: drive.
You could send them a suggestion to improve the service

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
Regardless of what the Trustpilot website says, my first hand experience of pCloud is that it is really good.

It works well for me !

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
It is really good, until it stops syncing. Their customer support is of very little help. After following their instructions, pCloud did start syncing again. But they have been of zero help so far, in trying to work out, why it decided to replace some new files, with older backups. Nothing was lost, but it does not make sense to rename a new file and then download a much older version.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.