PCTools 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobi

Thread author
Jul 7, 2011
Hey guys,

PCTools released their new 2012 products today! :biggrin:

No new features, but it does include a (cool) new revamped interface and feature improvements. Spyware Doctor w/ AV does, however, include two new features:

PCTools said:
Scam Alerts protect against the latest cybercrime schemes like “get rich quick” offers and fake antivirus “scareware” that trick people into divulging confidential information.

Malicious site monitoring guards against exploits that cybercriminals often target like the latest movie trailers and breaking news headlines.

PCtools website was updated and they have a new company icon. PCTools Free Antivirus no longer includes all those upgrade ads. Just a single, harmless highlighted upgrade button in the GUI.

http://www.pctools.com/
http://free.pctools.com/free-antivirus/
http://www.pctools.com/forum/

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Tobi said:
PCtools website was updated and they have a new company icon. PCTools Free Antivirus no longer includes all those upgrade ads. Just a single, harmless highlighted upgrade button in the GUI.

Good to know! +1!
Free AV:
anti-virus_main_large.png

Pc Tools said:
Hi All,

We are happy to announce the release of PC Tools Internet Security v9.

PC Tools Internet Security delivers powerfully simple protection against all types of online threats like viruses, spyware, and identity theft. Built on award-winning technology, yet made straightforward for everyday use, it's the easy way to defend your personal, financial, and other important information.

Powerful protection - Integrating multiple layers of protection, PC Tools Internet Security defends against the newest forms of cybercrime, no matter how threats try to attack and infect your PC. Whether you are surfing, shopping, socializing, sharing, or banking, comprehensive guards stop new malware faster than traditional security products. And with new Scam Alerts, you’re covered against the latest cybercrime schemes like “get rich quick” offers, fake antivirus “scareware,” and malicious sites created solely to exploit the latest movie trailers, natural disasters, or other hot news topics that trick people into divulging confidential information.

Engineered for speed - No more sitting around waiting for protection. Along with its robust, award-winning technology, PC Tools Internet Security relentlessly guards your PC without interfering with everyday use. Easily customize performance levels to fit your needs, while intelligent cloud-based scans identify online threats faster.

A new experience – Refreshed with a new user interface and experience, PC Tools Internet Security is easier than ever to use. It runs silently in the background, updating, scheduling scans, and even automatically removing infections so you can install, set, and forget with maximized protection. It’s the powerful, easy, and fast way to keep your computer and your personal information safe.

What's New?
New User Interface
Quiet Mode has been introduced to eliminate non essential alerts which do not require user interaction.
Improved Performance
Improved Detections
Browser Defender Improvements
Added new languages

Source

PC Tools IS 2012 :
internet-security_main_large.png

Apart from the new UI there is no other major change, for this release we can only talk about improvements ..... so lets hope that they've work on the system impact ... Last time I've tried a Pc tools product wasn't exactly light...so I'll test this one to see how it behaves...

Also on a side note.. Threatfire wasn't updated.... last update was on 21 Feb 2011!

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
I'll try this new version. they may have significant improvement. through a changes such as those written by jack above.

Improved Performance
Improved Detections
Browser Defender Improvements

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Wow the interface is a big change, i really like the new interface its a nice refresh for them :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Originality interface something the slide button is inspired from Norton Products.

E

Exorcizm

Tobi said:
Hey guys,

PCTools released their new 2012 products today! :biggrin:

No new features, but it does include a (cool) new revamped interface and feature improvements. Spyware Doctor w/ AV does, however, include two new features:

PCTools said:
Scam Alerts protect against the latest cybercrime schemes like “get rich quick” offers and fake antivirus “scareware” that trick people into divulging confidential information.

Malicious site monitoring guards against exploits that cybercriminals often target like the latest movie trailers and breaking news headlines.

http://www.pctools.com/
http://free.pctools.com/free-antivirus/
http://www.pctools.com/forum/

Thanks for sharing :D! I look forward to possibly testing these out in the future!

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
I'm testing the new Spyware Doctor (standalone version) at the moment. I have been using it on and off for 3 years now, I love the product, but I don't like the UI change much. I prefer the old version 5 or 6. It is lighter on my system than previous versions, and a full scan is much faster. So far so good!

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Well it's good to see that PC Tools is catching up in the game. Better GUI but I'm not sure if everything's improved though.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
No new features, but it does include a (cool) new revamped interface and feature improvements. Spyware Doctor w/ AV does, however, include two new features

Shame there hasn't been any major improvements, especially for a new year product release.

No news for ThreatFire either and what about their other software(s).

This is all rather disappointing. -1 PC Tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.