Verified
Nov 5, 2011
People cannot be uninstalled.
twitter.com/bad_packets/:
Bad Packets Report @bad_packets

People cannot be uninstalled..jpg
People cannot be uninstalled..jpg

People cannot be uninstalled..jpg - PowerShell screenshot

People cannot be uninstalled. <--- sure this one.
7:13 PM - 7 Apr 2018

"PeopleExperience Host_cw5n1h2txyewy failled. ... However, it may not be possible to uninstall the app."

- but this screenshot are for fun, a joke rather? maybe made by bad_packets, who know? what do you think

Wikipedia about PowerShell: PowerShell - Wikipedia

So this is for sure, this one only: "People cannot be uninstalled.":)

Disclaimer:
"Because of the unavoidable danger associated with the use of this PowerShell screenshot, the manufacturer makes no warranty, either express or implied. It is copied with all faults and without any warranty."

With this Disclaimer (LOL) this time, moderators are asked to be more forgiving for this topic, consisting of copying a tweet from trusted source of twitter account of bad-packets, from April 7, 2018.
Thank you for your understanding!
And see you soon!

------------------------------------

Link to Twitter account: Bad Packets Report (@bad_packets) | Twitter

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
MS made a smart move and moved system apps, like Settings, to Windows folder, so WindowsApps folder can be safely removed and with that all apps. Unfortunately, MS made that impossible. I have taken ownership, permissions, removed inheritance and I can not get rid of that junk. I have uninstalled all store apps, including store and during restart, Windows has managed to install another 2GB of junk, like DisneyMagicKingdoms. :mad:

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
MS made a smart move and moved system apps, like Settings, to Windows folder, so WindowsApps folder can be safely removed and with that all apps. Unfortunately, MS made that impossible. I have taken ownership, permissions, removed inheritance and I can not get rid of that junk. I have uninstalled all store apps, including store and during restart, Windows has managed to install another 2GB of junk, like DisneyMagicKingdoms. :mad:
Thank you Microsoft, for Windows 10!

Reactions: TairikuOkami

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
There are two packages that contain *people*. I explained it in detail, but all that pertinent detail was deleted from the thread. Now the entire thread is misleading without that detail.

So research it.
Could you post the link to your thread, Please?
Could you post these "pertinent details" to me in conversations postings, Please?

apps.40877.14287689030089333.d53b072e-0b07-4a98-a872-bd9dcab593df.81c7be78-7d20-4d55-8c18-d6885f091bea

Get Packages Tracker : Get Packages Tracker - Microsoft Store
LOL... LOL...

Get Microsoft People
Get Microsoft People - Microsoft Store
People in Windows 10 puts all the ways you connect with all your friends, family, colleagues, and acquaintances in one place, so it’s faster than ever to keep in touch. Check out what your people are up to across the services they use and choose how you want to connect with them.

- or try again to post these "pertinent details" here for everyone, to enjoy conversations?

Last edited by a moderator:

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
in Chicago too, I hear...

The good questions is WHY?

We attend at response from Government

Reactions: mlnevese

Could you post the link to your thread, Please?
Could you post these "pertinent details" to me in conversations postings, Please?

apps.40877.14287689030089333.d53b072e-0b07-4a98-a872-bd9dcab593df.81c7be78-7d20-4d55-8c18-d6885f091bea

Get Packages Tracker : Get Packages Tracker - Microsoft Store
LOL... LOL...

Get Microsoft People
Get Microsoft People - Microsoft Store
People in Windows 10 puts all the ways you connect with all your friends, family, colleagues, and acquaintances in one place, so it’s faster than ever to keep in touch. Check out what your people are up to across the services they use and choose how you want to connect with them.

- or try again to post these "pertinent details" here for everyone, to enjoy conversations?

• Microsoft.People
  • Microsoft.Windows.PeopleExperienceHost_*
Two different packages. Microsoft.People can be uninstalled. PeopleExperienceHost - which is the *People* being reported in this thread - is deeply integrated into Windows and cannot be uninstalled. The People tray icon can be disabled and hidden - that's it.

Research it.

People that do not know any better about Windows Apps and PowerShell draw all sorts of wrong conclusions and make mis-statements. And that is exactly what happened when you first made the post - there were those that said they uninstalled PeoplExperinceHost - when, in fact, they had removed Microsoft.People. Plus, as is typical here, people jumped in and said you can uninstall PeopleExperienceHost with utilities using O&O ShutUp, Win10Privacy, etc - which will not work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
PowerShell cant remove Microsoft Apps completely.
I found how to get rid of Microsoft Apps:
1-Dw Wise Program Uninstaller-open it-go to costume uninstall tab and chose the folder(they are in C:\Windows\SystemApps) that contain Microsoft app.press next and wise will find the folders/reg keys related to that folder(it can remove the reg keys but not folders cuz they are protected)
2-Dw Pchunter and force remove the application folder.
Easy pizi:D

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
  • Microsoft.People
  • Microsoft.Windows.PeopleExperienceHost_*
Two different packages. Microsoft.People can be uninstalled. PeopleExperienceHost - which is the *People* being reported in this thread - is deeply integrated into Windows and cannot be uninstalled. The People tray icon can be disabled and hidden - that's it.

Research it.

People that do not know any better about Windows Apps and PowerShell draw all sorts of wrong conclusions and make mis-statements. And that is exactly what happened when you first made the post - there were those that said they uninstalled PeoplExperinceHost - when, in fact, they had removed Microsoft.People. Plus, as is typical here, people jumped in and said you can uninstall PeopleExperienceHost with utilities using O&O ShutUp, Win10Privacy, etc - which will not work.
I'm sure that with PowerTool (by ithurricane) you're able to delete whatever seems to you, so Microsoft.People too.

PowerTool 32-bit version Anti-rootkit and Antivirus tool

Powertool x64 v1.5 (2014.01.20)

and newest version is released too, for now I don't have the link, attends slightly please...

HERE: PowerTool newest version download link on Softpedia: PowerTool Download

Last edited:

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I'm sure that with PowerTool (by ithurricane) you're able to delete whatever seems to you, so Microsoft.People too.
That is too advanced tool for a noob like me. But I have solved, using a good old Unlocker. :)

For the record, updated Lockhunter failed and the whole folder can not be removed unfortunately, since it contains some scripting engine required by Windows, for example Settings or Time can not be even opened otherwise.

And People can be removed too, all 3 folders.

Attachments

• capture_04122018_104134.jpg
    capture_04122018_104134.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 314
  • capture_04122018_104314.jpg
    capture_04122018_104314.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 313

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Good for you!
Yes, PcHunter and PowerTool could easily remove whathever you wish, in right click you have some possibilities: Resume, Suspend, Kill, Force Kill...

PowerTool 32-bit version Anti-rootkit and Antivirus tool

Powertool x64 v1.5 (2014.01.20)

and newest version is released too, for now I don't have the link, attends slightly please...

HERE: PowerTool newest version download link on Softpedia: PowerTool Download

OK, don't over-complicate things. Using the default way to uninstall Appx, meaning PowerShell, PeopleExperienceHost cannot be uninstalled. Microsoft did it that way deliberately. I am not saying it is for users' own good or not. Like most things Microsoft there is no documentation and no explanation. It just is what it is.

Sure, if you want to start deleting stuff from Windows using a utility such as GMER, PCHunter, PowerTool, etc you can do that, with sometimes unintended consequences. Turning the average "advanced" user onto such utilities is a mistake because, invariably, they get themselves into trouble if they don't try to make such changes in a VM first before trying it on their real system.

This is how these threads just get plain stupid. And I don't even know why Bad_Packets even bothered to report that PeopleExperienceHost cannot be uninstalled the way that he did - with the image showing the *People* wildcards because it just causes a whole lot of needless confusion.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
"And I don't even know why Bad_Packets even bothered to report that PeopleExperienceHost cannot be uninstalled the way that he did - with the image showing the *People* wildcards..."

- for fun, I think, to suggest, that this is about real people, like you and me.

Reactions: TairikuOkami

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.