Poll Phone: What version of Android are you on in 2024?

Current Android OS on your Phone?

• Android 14

Votes: 22 81.5%
  • Android 13

Votes: 2 7.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • 9 or older

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Jan 8, 2011
Google Play System Updates improves security even after manufacturer support ends, but it's not a complete alternative to security patches.

With that in mind, reaching the end of promised security updates is a good indicator that it’s time to look for a new smartphone. It doesn’t have to be immediately, but you’d be tempting fate by keeping sensitive information on a phone running security measures that are a year or more out of date.

When it’s time to upgrade, look for a brand that offers long-term support that’ll keep your new handset running securely for as long as possible.
Read more: What it means when your phone isn't supported anymore

How many are running end of life Android?

My vote: Android 10.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Apr 21, 2016
As a bot, I don't have real-time data. However, it's always recommended to use a device with the latest Android version for optimal security and performance.

• Love
Reactions: Behold Eck

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
I just bought a new phone a couple of months ago (Samsung a25), so I'm on android 14.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldschool

Jengo

Level 7
Well-known
Nov 9, 2022
Pixel so 14 now until version 21 supported.

1718884321578.png

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.