Photography

I

illumination

Thread author
Are there any other members that dabble in photography here in the forum, if so, im in need of swaping information concerning shooting in Raw format, and being able to convert the very large file size "scale" to be able to upload them on the internet without losing much detail. Shooting in JPG is ok, but the compression loses to much detail.. Im already working the photo's via editing programs, and converting them to 16bit PNG "lossless compression" to help maintain what i can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ink
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
The only reason i keep Windows is Photoshop CS6 ^^

Arakasi

Level 4
Verified
Jul 12, 2014
ps user here as well any time i need to edit that's where i go

I don't think i know enough to provide the assistance and assist with your question/scenario though. :(
whats better than png ?

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Most commonly known and popular FREE image hosts will generally always down scale and compress uploaded images if they're large sized. Resulting in lost detail.

When I wish to share lossless images that haven't been down sized or scaled I use this website.

http://3ezy.net/

A quote from their description.
Lossless Image processing

Many free or even paid hosting providers will find the best way to save cost by reducing quality of images uploaded. Pictures are also resized and sometimes watermarked (website logos added). All of which further reduce the quality. Although not apparent, the quality deteriorates overtime as people download and upload the same content over the web. For high quality images the loss of quality is a lot more apparent.

At 3ezy.net we do two things. 1. Always use LOSSLESS compression. Which basically means we don't reduce quality at all, just discard useless extra information stored within images. This helps in faster loading of pictures in web browsers and does not affect the quality of images at all. We then resize the uploaded pictures. However the original (Lossless) image is still stored and is viewable directly. Due to the size of the lossless image it is not recommended to hotlink them in websites/forums directly specially if they are larger than 800px in width as it makes difficult for people to see the content properly alongside the huge pictures. We provide you with the necessary tools so you can show a preview (thumbnails with forum and html code) to other people and they can choose to click and see the large picture in a fresh new window ...unobstructed. We support lossless compression of JPEG, GIF and PNG formats as of now.

Just a notice that it might take up to 5 - 10 minutes for the image link to be sent to your email. It isn't like Imgur or Tinypic where you're giving a direct URL instantly. Sometimes I get the email instantly.

The good thing about 3ezy aswell is it allows direct hotlinking.

If you don't need direct hotlinking you might as well share the lossless images in non-compressed .zip or .rar and send it to friends or family through your selected file sharing service [Dropbox, Mediafire, Mega etc] or a USB the next time you see your family or friends give it to them.

Sites such as Minus, Imgur and Imageshack might also let you share your lossless images without down scaling or compressing but most sites have pricing for that privilege.

Cheers.

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
Another CS6 user here. Need tips on the editing site I'm the GO guy.

PS Don't ask hard questions.

If you share your PNG files via Dropbox, there is no conversion unlike using image sharing sites.

I

illumination

Thread author
Thank you for all of the reply's, @MrXidus i will look into that site.

Some of my images in raw form, can be upwards of 120MB or better.. Even when i edit them, and convert to PNG they are still massive file sizes, which uploading to photography sites, or email, even sites like imgur limit 20MB uploads..

I had to scale a photo twice yesterday to get it on the net, and by the time i did, it lost half of the detail. I have been dabbling in photography for a long while, but new to shooting Raw, and working with such large file sizes.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.