Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Photoshop CS6 Highlights

Content-Aware Patch — Patch images with greater control using the newest member of the Content-Aware family of technologies. Choose the sample area you want to use to create your patch, and then watch Content-Aware Patch magically blend pixels for a stunning result.

Blazingly fast performance and a modern UI — Experience unprecedented performance with the Mercury Graphics Engine, which gives you near-instant results when you edit with key tools such as Liquify, Puppet Warp, and Crop.* Plus, a refined, fresh, and elegant Photoshop interface features dark background options that make your images pop.

New and re-engineered design tools — Create superior designs fast. Get consistent formatting with type styles, create and apply custom strokes and dashed lines to shapes, quickly search layers, and much more.

Read More

Downloads

gusthebus

Mar 2, 2011
Don't get me wrong; I love photoshop and hold nothing against Adobe but how many people ACTUALLY need photoshop?

Most users probably only need the basics in photoshop and the bulk of what you would be paying for are features only professionals really need (i.e people who use photoshop for their job/profession). Honestly I think for most casual users a free alternate like GIMP would be more practical than paying for photoshop.

But since it's a free beta it's definitely worth a try :D

V

Vextor

gusthebus said:
Don't get me wrong; I love photoshop and hold nothing against Adobe but how many people ACTUALLY need photoshop?

Most users probably only need the basics in photoshop and the bulk of what you would be paying for are features only professionals really need (i.e people who use photoshop for their job/profession). Honestly I think for most casual users a free alternate like GIMP would be more practical than paying for photoshop.

But since it's a free beta it's definitely worth a try :D

It's such a huge difference from GIMP. GIMP is ok for some people, but for me a lot of my effects depend on Photoshop. Seriously, just the leap from GIMP to Photoshop amazed me.

Also, Paint.net is a good alternative, but Photoshop eats up free program, however they are great for their price.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
In my opinion, Photoshop gives the best experience, and easy to get accustomed to.

I struggled with GIMP and Paint.Net, along with sluggish performance.

The last version I used was Photoshop CS2 (back in those days ;) ), now I use Expression 4 which I'm comfortable with, even though it's not quite as advanced as Adobe's Photoshop.

How long is it free for?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I can't live without Photoshop for all my graphics. Use it for TAFE as well. Never really hear about Adobe and their Beta's.

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
GIMP might be able to pull many of the same tricks as Photoshop. However, in my experience Photoshop just gives better results.
Also, if you work in any production or creative environment Photoshop is the de-facto standard.

The content-aware features of CS6 are just badass, especially the move feature blows my mind.

Did the de-blur feature make it into CS6, or is it still in development?

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Thanks for the news. Installing right now.

Edit: A good review of CS6 : http://gizmodo.com/5895424/photoshop-cs6-is-the-best-version-in-recent-memory

iScream

Dec 7, 2011
It's blazin' fast on my netbook. I did a 1440x900 for a test and I could draw without any lag, I'm quite amazed at how fast it is.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Hmm, Seems this download is just the standard edition. Un-able to do Animation in it. I've had a look to see if they have a download for the Extended edition which includes Animation.

Doesn't matter for now, I can still do Animation in CS5 Extended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.