P

plat1098

Thread author
Removed: HitmanPro Alert
Abandoned: Internet Explorer 11
Updated: Macrium version and image
Added: NVT OSArmor
On Hold: Sandboxie

Could no longer ignore the likely contribution of Alert to the Mephisto-like dead Start/taskbar issues since the Fall Creators Update. Until it can play nicely with Realtek PCI GBE Family Controller et al, sorry. After cleanly installing the OS, I updated Macrium to latest version and cloned the entire pristine C: to my external enclosed drive. I will add updates to the image with every major system change, like Windows updates. I'm watching carefully the BIOS changes via Lenovo. I will not apply the first of the Spectre-related ones, probably holding off until it's verified these are safe to apply. Even if this was a second-hand tablet. When the latest NVT Exe Radar Pro is ready, I will add this to my configuration.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

plat1098

Thread author
Added: NVT Exe Radar Pro v4 (beta) currently in Learning mode + NVT SysHardener

Windows-based security has been a bit of a bear: it's either black or white, on or off and no middle ground. So, controlled folder access is OFF in favor of the anti-executable, which is nice to have back on here. :)

Reactions: harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.