Please help to install apps on Debian Linux?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hi @karthic1998,
as a newer member I'd turned to lubuntu back in 2013 (Thanks, @BoraMurdar!) as an alternative to XP's
slow but eventual demise.
Based on Debian, lubuntu (light ubuntu) has "Ubuntu Software Center". Debian may have something similar, although I'm not certain.
From the "..Software Center" I'd then added "Synaptic Package Installer" which (I'm reading it's description from our desktop)

"..enables you to install, upgrade, and remove software packages in a user friendly way.".

You can also have a look at Debian -- The Universal Operating System

There are communities, and links to documentation that can answer many questions for the fledgling Debian user.
I hope this helps you even a little.:D

PS I may just look into installing Debian (again) after a number of years, it's greater learning curve would challenge me to learn more about linux/or using it's terminal to upgrade & make changes!;)

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
This is your starting point: LMGTFY

I'm going to explain because you might not understand my message (and I really mean well):
  1. Nobody knows (except you) what are you going to use Linux for
  2. Nobody knows (except you) what apps are you going to need/use
  3. Nobody knows (except you) the level of knowledge you already possess or you think you possess so we can skip that part
  4. You can't expect people to teach you how to use an OS from scratch, it's just not the way to do it, especially Linux; you have to start from the beginning, hit a wall you can't climb (after setting Google servers on fire) and post your particular issue so that people can concentrate on it and give you a helping advice
  5. You will never learn Linux if you don't start on your own and solve your minor to medium issues yourself, digging the internet and reading a lot about it, it's just the nature of Linux
  6. If you stick to it after a few weeks or months, you're going to rock cause you did it yourself, you'll handle it for daily usage, and it's a nice feeling, trust me
Good luck exploring this new world, it's nice and a lot to learn from!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.