Showcase Pneuma's Hardware config

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Very nice! Why don't you upgrade to Windows 10 & maybe a GTX 1080 eventually once you're fed up of your 980 Ti - unnecessary I know but not much else to change.

The only things I would change:

OS: Windows 8.1 or stick with 7 - I actually am not a big fan of Windows 10.
GPU: Asus GTX 1080 ROG
Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe
Case: H440 - I have the Razer H440.

My build is here if you are interested:
Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Strix, H440 (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower - System Build - PCPartPicker United Kingdom

pneuma1985

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Aug 30, 2015
Yeah it cost me alot of money lol... I generally do vfx work and 3D design, but I am also a programmer so I needed something that would work for both. And Yes I may upgrade my Nvidia card sometime this next year. I'm hoping for a deal I was expecting to see one yesterday or on black friday, but no such luck. It's so expensive right now I just don't see a reason for upgrading for 700$ when the 980Ti is still very fast for my needs and still an expensive card. It will render a massive C4D Model in a matter of seconds. The Quadro card renders even faster than the 980 actually. Just slightly faster but that is what it was designed to do. Where as the GTX cards are for gaming but its always the goto for gfx/vfx designers that don't want to spend thousands on the top of the \ line Quadro Cards :)

Oh forgot to mention I'm also Updating my internal 2TB Seagate HDD to a 1tb samsung Evo 850 SSD for Christmas ;)
That should be good for my many VM's and the reduction of lag within some of the operating systems. When running heavy CPU GPU software. Adobe After Effects Especially. I only run Adobe software on a VM usually given the vulnerabilities in the SW itself. Works perfect otherwise but this will make it well flawless. I generally have to install adobe many times for client Virtual Machines. It help's me keep an individual's client work all localized to one VM. Any suggestions feel free.

Last edited:

pneuma1985

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Aug 30, 2015
Very nice! Why don't you upgrade to Windows 10 & maybe a GTX 1080 eventually once you're fed up of your 980 Ti - unnecessary I know but not much else to change.

The only things I would change:

OS: Windows 8.1 or stick with 7 - I actually am not a big fan of Windows 10.
GPU: Asus GTX 1080 ROG
Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe
Case: H440 - I have the Razer H440.

My build is here if you are interested:
Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Strix, H440 (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower - System Build - PCPartPicker United Kingdom
? did you own a 980Ti JW what the benchmark differences are between that and the 1080?
Guess a simple google will solve that lol. I do wonder what the difference is on actual rendering times though.
I am happy with this current MB. It's a beast!
As for the case I will change it as soon as my warranty runs out lol... Buy something badarse for it lol Maybe cut a few holes in it and make it cool. Right now as you can see on boxxtech's site its rather well a boring case but at the same time it's sleek and normal. I'll make it cool when the time comes.:cool:

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.