Solved Portable encryption app without administration rights..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonX

Level 9
Thread author
Apr 13, 2012
Saw a thread in another site and it got me thinking......hmmm...The guy there was asking if there is a portable application that can be launched via usb stick and encrypt/hide file/folder without admin rights.

Is that doable/feasible...? Sounds sane enough right...?

I have TrueCrypt portable but it requires that TC be installed on the machine that I use. Without TC installed on the host machine I cannot run TC portable.

Have tried quite a few hide/folder apps like WinMend / Free Hide Folder/ FolderLock but I used it on my machines of which I have full control rights. I like TrueCrypt better though.

Any ideas...?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Don't think that can be done unless you are not on Windows because on all Windows as far as I know you will need to be administrator.

Upvote 0

jasonX

Level 9
Thread author
Apr 13, 2012
Thanks for the reply there.

Hmmmm......Are there any tricks that I can learn so I can teach her how to hide folders or password protect folder/files in XP or Win 7 x32...?

Upvote 0

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
jasonX said:
Thanks for the reply there.

Hmmmm......Are there any tricks that I can learn so I can teach her how to hide folders or password protect folder/files in XP or Win 7 x32...?

This app might be what your looking for.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.