• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
How to upgrade portable software?
Should I extract the new version in the same folder i.e old version folder or have to start fresh i.e delete the old version?

Reactions: Logethica
M

MalwareT

Thread author
:Facepalm: So do i. PortableApps has built-in updater which notifies you of new updates and installs them. No hassle,easy and fast.

Reactions: frogboy
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
PortableApps doesn't have all the portable software. Or do you mean PortableApps & its updater can be used to upgrade any portable software?

Reactions: Logethica
M

MalwareT

Thread author
Just for their apps. You can make .paf with their tools.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
How to upgrade portable software?
Should I extract the new version in the same folder i.e old version folder or have to start fresh i.e delete the old version?

Visit the developers website for new releases, or check if the application has a built-in updater.

Replace the oldapp.exe with newapp.exe, but to retain settings don't replace any settings.ini files.

Since I use CCleaner Portable, I extract and replace the CCleaner64.exe , but everything else gets deleted.

upload_2015-7-15_14-59-19.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.