PortableApps.com (Home of the Free/Open Source Application in portable)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
PortableApps.com_128.png

PortableApps.com is the world's most popular portable software solution allowing you to take your favorite software with you. A fully open source and free platform, it works on any portable storage device (USB flash drive, iPod, memory card, portable hard drive, etc) as well as local storage and cloud storage options. With millions of users all over the world and a full collection of open source software as well as compatible freeware and commercial software and partners in the software and hardware industry, PortableApps.com is the most complete solution for life on the go.

PortableApps.com was founded by John T. Haller, the developer behind numerous portable applications including "Portable Firefox" which started the portable software trend. We've been making software portable since March 2004. Today, our team stands at nearly 100 developers, translators, application packagers, designers and release testers. Our goal is to centralize the knowledge and development of portable software efforts and build a single, open platform which any software or hardware developer can use.

About

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Great site they are. I can still remembering using them at TAFE.

Bughead

Verified
Feb 22, 2013
I recently start using portableApps to get rid of resource eater.
Portable is the way to go..there for you will find many apps fitting with you.
I made some pictures off all my apps..really need and uptodate..
Auto updates work flawless..for some applications even better than manual updates..like for Maxthon browser..;)

As for me, there are absolutly NO CONS only PROS :)

iMbRBTn4PYI1I.png
iboYqwEpSHTZ5Y.png

Here are more incredible FREE PortableApps

iDSZSgQWZmNHB.png
ibyiUPyruoYrx5.png

and even more t(°v°t)
I found a different link, than the official site, with a lot more of new 2013 PortableApps ..
go find your own PortableApp at:
PortableAppz OR GO TO OFFICIAL PortableApps.com to install the software 1st

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
The site is also great if you just want a portable application with out installing it actually on the PC.

Bughead

Verified
Feb 22, 2013
McLovin said:
The site is also great if you just want a portable application with out installing it actually on the PC.

Yes- I delete it from PC and only use from USB stick now.
The reason why I did it is, that having it on a PC still puts bloatware on my computer.
F.X. If using evernoteportable on PC..if I change user it will ask to install..
If using from USB-stick it just starts normal without asking anything.
This is a big differents...so I delete all the stuff on my PC..even more space...LOL... :focus:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.