Privacy Tools - Helpful or Worthless?

Do you supplement your AV and other Anti-Malware Software with a Privacy Tool?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
O&O ShutUp10 is great really. :)

BTW, sometimes I wish it did interfere with my ability to receive updates, that would have spared me some trouble during the last few iterations. :p

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
My luck with tools like these are pretty shaky. If I want edits like these (some I do) I end up doing them manually. :)

Reactions: ispx and bribon77

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Are useful if and not, Windows is closed code, nobody knows what is cooked there, therefore to if you can do something but not everything.
Ami does not worry, that they see me alone that does not resent my PC.

Reactions: Fritz and frogboy

jerzy601

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
I fully agree with the ispx statement.
So no matter how many private tools it has enabled then microsoft will know who is and what is in the system.
I also voted for them.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
I use spybot anti beacon o&o shutup 10 and some other privacy tweaks done mannually. but there still is NO guaranty that m$ isn't spying on me , despite all taken meassurements.

Reactions: ispx and frogboy
F

ForgottenSeer 65219

I'm using Glasswire to block some junk :D
RJP9wgq.jpg
you blocked office Update service. ( Office Click to Run )
So you use outdated vulnerable software ? and promote that in security forum ? :D

Reactions: monsterturckpa
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

I'm using Glasswire to block some junk :D
RJP9wgq.jpg
I also wanted to ask if you aren't blocking too much stuff there what may slightly impact security? o_O I would chose security settings over privacy, Microsoft doesn't give a damn about your files nor where did you get them from. I think it's just a privacy paranoia among Windows 10 users.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
Microsoft doesn't give a damn about your files nor where did you get them from.
Ah, that's why they syphon off whatever they can, because they don't care. Never thought about it that way. :)

I think it's just a privacy paranoia among Windows 10 users.
I think that's basically the same thought that people apply to backups. It's not gonna happen to them, so they can sleep well at night without having to do anything about it. Ignorance is bliss. Rest assured that Microsoft takes great pride in serving you as a valued customer product. :D

Reactions: frogboy
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Ah, that's why they syphon off whatever they can, because they don't care. Never thought about it that way.
So you are saying Windows 10 shouldn't be installed becouse of privacy concerns? There was Telemetry stuff in every Windows version, users who weren't aware of that till Windows 10 came out and revealed what data they are collecting, started panic about their privacy. I don't feel like a Microsoft's product using Windows 10, of course I have as well disabled some of the useless Telemetry crap, error reporting, VPN is on 24/7 and disabled other tracking methods, but not to a level to interfere with my daily computer usage, but believing Microsoft is collecting my documents or spreadsheets to find out who am I or how much I earn is BS. :D
I think that's basically the same thought that people apply to backups. It's not gonna happen to them, so they can sleep well at night without having to do anything about it. Ignorance is bliss. Rest assured that Microsoft takes great pride in serving you as a valued customer product.
That's a different story and data backups should be taken seriously. It's a users fault not taking care of online activities and keeping safe data storage, believing that it won't happen with them/they won't lose the data. And about being a Microsoft's product, you might be a overpriced Apple's product, no offense. :D

Reactions: frogboy

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
So you are saying Windows 10 shouldn't be installed becouse of privacy concerns?
Please provide the appropriate text where I stated that. On the other hand, it is a valid reason. There are alternatives and people are free to use them.

There was Telemetry stuff in every Windows version, users who weren't aware of that till Windows 10 came out and revealed what data they are collecting, started panic about their privacy.
In older days, telemetry was basic error reporting. Nowadays, companies have found out that data is where the $$$ come from and that makes it an entirely different story.

I don't feel like a Microsoft's product using Windows 10, of course I have as well disabled some of the useless Telemetry crap, error reporting, VPN is on 24/7 and disabled other tracking methods, but not to a level to interfere with my daily computer usage, but believing Microsoft is collecting my documents or spreadsheets to find out who am I or how much I earn is BS. :D
How you feel ist not really relevant to facts. I also wonder, why you have everthing turned off, surely you have nothing to hide. :rolleyes:

That's a different story and data backups should be taken seriously. It's a users fault not taking care of online activities and keeping safe data storage, believing that it won't happen with them/they won't lose the data. And about being a Microsoft's product, you might be a overpriced Apple's product, no offense. :D
No, it's not. You just didn't understand it, but that's ok. Heck, I don't understand your ad hominem attack either, so we're even I guess. *shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.