Thread author
May 3, 2019
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
problem with display on desktop pc with my new 16/9 screen
pc speed maximizer installed on Dropbox
solvusoft installed on google drive & onedrive
conflict with Eset + Avira
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
pre_scan, gpu-z, aida64, zhpdiag, comodo, ad-aware, update amd device and new screen/monitor device with driverpack solution
hi all,

on my pc i have Eset Nod32, Avira & AVG,

i have a new screen for my desktop pc,with 50 cm x 30 or 25 cm dimensions/mensurations,
this screen causes problems like:
-very large windows
-wide taskbar, up to 3 or 4 icons (no more) between cortana & bing search bars (bing search bar at right of taskbar)
-large icons, up to 5 lines on desktop (no more), makes very-full desktop
-mensurations problems on windows, taskbar, desktop, explorer (icons, lines, others...)

i tried to update the graphic card but the problems/glitches persists,
and because speccy can't launch, i used alternatives like zhpdiag, screen capture, gpu-z, aida64, pre_scan, look_my_hardware, otl and quickdiag

the problems are only in normal mode but not in safe mode

the screen captures and log is here:
1 pre_scan: Pre-Scan.txt
2 zhpdiag: https://www.cjoint.com/c/IEdpNJOQnIT
3 look_my_hardware: Look-my-hardware.txt
4 screen capture: Capture-taille-icones-barre-de-taches-écran.PNG
5 gpu-z capture: rapport-gpu-z.gif
6 gpu-z sensors log: GPU-Z-Sensor-Log.txt
7 aida64: https://www.cjoint.com/c/IEdpJm3js3T
8 otl: https://www.cjoint.com/c/IEdpKAdwM6T
9 extras: Extras.Txt
10 quickdiag: QuickDiag-03-05-2019-14-33-35.txt

Thanks...

Digerati

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2017
on my pc i have Eset Nod32, Avira & AVG
Why? Pick one and remove the other two - or at least disable any real time component of the other two.

and because speccy can't launch
Why? What happens when you try to launch it?

i tried to update the graphic card but the problems/glitches persists,
If me, I would uninstall the graphics card driver and all associated software with it. Then do a "cold" reboot. By "cold", I mean to shut down Windows normally but then unplug the computer from the wall for about 15 - 20 seconds. Then boot backup and load the card drivers again.

If still having problems, tell us more about your computer including the model number of the new monitor and the graphics card.

Upvote 0

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
As @Digerati said, it's best to use only use one antiviruses. Having multiple antiviruses installed can cause slowdowns, crashes, blue screens of death and other issues. Most antiviruses are not designed to work with other antiviruses.

Also I would recommend that you stop using PC Speed Maximizer and whatever software from Solvusoft that you are using. They will often delete needed registry keys, which can cause problems.

Upvote 0

mucem

Level 1
Thread author
May 3, 2019
i uninstalled eset, avira and avg,

i have replaced this by qihoo 360 total security

the brand and the model of the new monitor is
Acer R1 Series,

and i had cold reboot, uninstall/reinstall the graphics device/firmware, but the problems persists,

the display/mensuration problem with the monitor exists when the pc is normal mode only, but not in safe mode,

i don't know the problem and/or infection whiches caused Speccy don't launch bug

Thanks...

Reactions: upnorth
Upvote 0

Digerati

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2017
Highly unlikely it is an infection.

Note series indicates more than one model in the line. And we still need the graphics solution information and need to know if you followed the other suggestions.

Reactions: upnorth
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.