Qihoo 360 6.0.0.1131

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Is this thing still kind of heavy on memory usage? I installed it a few weeks ago and it was fine for a while. After a reboot the memory usage climbed to 195k. Way too much in my opinion for an all cloud based AV. Any thoughts/insight?

Reactions: kiric96

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
Is this thing still kind of heavy on memory usage? I installed it a few weeks ago and it was fine for a while. After a reboot the memory usage climbed to 195k. Way too much in my opinion for an all cloud based AV. Any thoughts/insight?

if you enable bitdefender/avira engines it is mos likely to see a 400 mb of ram usage when making on demand scans. Besides when you boot up you have to consider that most of the AV loads its engines first to RAM and then to the hard disk, how ever later, this quantity may decrease a lot. also notice that when you make on demand scan, copy big files etc.. you may expect a high ram consumption... it is more easier to acces virus signatures on ram rather than read from the hard disk... this is why some AV are considered a "cookie monster" in matters of ram

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Yeah I'm familiar with how the HD accesses info. I did wait a while before making the assumption that it was just scanning. It still hovered around the high 190's. I also didn't have either engined enabled or even downloaded the def's for it.

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
Yeah I'm familiar with how the HD accesses info. I did wait a while before making the assumption that it was just scanning. It still hovered around the high 190's. I also didn't have either engined enabled or even downloaded the def's for it.
so it is unusual... qihoo is not intended to eat that much of memory.. in default settings it will load you around 80 mb maximum... may be something was not working well... i may tell you that qihoo is a feather compared to others....

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
I like to run light. I have WSA complete and sandboxie at the moment. It's about as light as you can get. I know that it's not recommended to run two AV's but I was thinking about adding another layer. Since WSA isn't really known for its detection rate. I'll try this new release. Maybe they tweaked the mem usage a little.

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
I like to run light. I have WSA complete and sandboxie at the moment. It's about as light as you can get. I know that it's not recommended to run two AV's but I was thinking about adding another layer. Since WSA isn't really known for its detection rate. I'll try this new release. Maybe they tweaked the mem usage a little.
you can run WSA with a major security AV like bitdefender or norton with out any problem... also WSA is great when it comes to roll back features and b-have.

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Yeah I have in the past. I normally don't bother too much. I'm actually running it with WSA right now. My mem is running around 36k for all three procs. I don't have either additional AV but I think that without it Qihoo has a good detection rate.

sonylxn

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2015
a bit question,
to get this update, do i need to uninstall the old version and install this new one?
mine's still v6.0.0.1124
i'm new to this program and loving it so far

thank you.
please excuse my poor english :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@sonylxn You can either check for an update manually, or download the new version. It should be safe to perform an over-the-top update.

Reactions: sonylxn
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.