Advice Request Qihoo 360 and AI.

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Yes, it's another AI related question.

I've seen Qihoo claim that Q360 uses AI, It's even mentioned in the UI under the all engines section on the main interface. But, does anyone else have any infomation on Q360'S AI component? Because I can't seem to find any information regarding this.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Artificial intelligence is something common to any security products to obtain but also information can be vague; since it comprise the functionality of learning behavior and mechanistic protection usually.
Thank you again James. AI is something that really interests me. I know some people think it's just a fad or gimmicks but I disagree and think that in time AI is going to play a big role in security. Thank you again.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Thank you again James. AI is something that really interests me. I know some people think it's just a fad or gimmicks but I disagree and think that in time AI is going to play a big role in security. Thank you again.
Ai will be the future for any time you need to decide on something like in this case if the file is safe or not. Atm though most programs are not real AI. They are just a behaviour monitor that checks for some parameters and gives a safe or infected rating.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Ai will be the future for any time you need to decide on something like in this case if the file is safe or not. Atm though most programs are not real AI. They are just a behaviour monitor that checks for some parameters and gives a safe or infected rating.
Thank you. It is exciting though where AI could lead to.

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
I believe that nowadays the rapid malware's evolution requires a different security approach: to defeat the malware, you have to think like it and, sure, the antivirus should use a "self learning" algorithm to recognize the new threats.
But, in my humble opinion, we are still far from the full AI concept, intended as the ability of a computer to perform functions and reasoning typical of the human mind, in this case, thinking as a security expert, but surely this is the right way.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I believe that nowadays the rapid malware's evolution requires a different security approach: to defeat the malware, you have to think like it and, sure, the antivirus should use a "self learning" algorithm to recognize the new threats.
But, in my humble opinion, we are still far from the full AI concept, intended as the ability of a computer to perform functions and reasoning typical of the human mind, in this case, thinking as a security expert, but surely this is the right way.
Thank toy for your reply. Recently I've been thinking if AI could be used in the future with stronger and more advanced algorithms to actually identify new malwares via signatures just as quick as malware authors create them. Either way I find it very interesting indeed. Thanks again.

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Thank toy for your reply. Recently I've been thinking if AI could be used in the future with stronger and more advanced algorithms to actually identify new malwares via signatures just as quick as malware authors create them. Either way I find it very interesting indeed. Thanks again.
Thanks to you for your very interesting thread :)

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I believe most AV/AM vendors are already using low-level AI. That is, they use machine learning to detect zero-day malware. It's an AI, in the sense that it "learns" given the algorithms put by humans. But, it's not an AI that learns on its own. That kind of AI is what many would call real/true AI, which is actually just a higher-level AI.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I believe most AV/AM vendors use low-level AI. That is, they use machine learning to detect zero-day malware. It's an AI, in the sense that it "learns" given the algorithms put by humans. But, it's not an AI that learns on its own. That kind of AI is what many would call real/true AI, which is actually just a higher-level AI.
I read an article on Googles AI actually creating it's own algorithms, very exciting stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.