Advice Request Questions about free "Startup Manager" software

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookinpro

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 12, 2013
A friend of mine has a laptop that is slow as a slug to boot, he has too many programs loading upon bootup.
What startup manager software program would you recommend. This program needs to be simple and easy to understand as he is a beginner and has little patience.

cookinpro

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 12, 2013
This works well for me. HiBitSoftware

Thank you frogboy for the suggestion. I looked at HiBit Startup Manager and I like what I see.

Search results using google were less than inspiring. I found Chameleon Startup Manager, Autorun Organizer, Startup Delayer, Quick Startup (Glarysoft) + a few others. I did not really like any of them.

So, HiBit looks good and should be easy enough for him.

cookinpro

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 12, 2013
Autoruns is another good choice.

Autoruns for Windows - Windows Sysinternals

In addition, it shows so many entries that automatically start up, also useful to detect malware.
Indeed, many malware use to automatically start up with Windows.

I agree with you tim one, Sysinternals Autoruns is a very good choice. I use it myself, and I like its capabilities. My friend on the other hand, well that's another story.

D

Deleted member 69059

As @tim one said, Autoruns from Systernals (Microsoft) is a great software, but I think that is not
simple and easy to understand
if your friend is a begginer.

If your friend's PC have Windows 8/8.1/10 he/she can use the built in Task Manager (taskmgr.exe). On the other hand if he/she have Windows XP/Vista/7 Msconfig (msconfig.exe) should work.

Also, Ccleaner have a section in wich you can manage auto-starting programs.
Another two simply soft that worth noting are StartupLite (from Malwarebytes) and WhatInStartup (from Nirsoft)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tim one and AtlBo
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.