Advice Request Quiz for all members eager to harden browser against malware

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Windows_Security

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
Hint1: see white-hat malware warning websites like VX-vault (link), Malc0de (link) and Malware Domain List (link)

Hint2: currectly these numbers are increased by 10% (
link)

Hint3: at least 60% of the answers is correct, at least 40% of the answers relate to the same (correct) observation

Last edited:

Windows_Security

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
:) All answers are correct: except
  • Some link to dead websites (website removed)
  • Some links to dead pages (page removed)
You see a lot of youtube testers using links from the sources I mentioned. They encounter some dead links (on average between 10 to 30 percent), because most malware URL's are only used for some days. So only from a malware tester perspective this is true.

There was one trick question, which mentioned registered domains. Only 10% of the registered domains are live websites, of which 10% is estimated malware. So both questions are true (when info of experts is correct).
  • On average only 1 percent of the registered domains is infected or malicious
  • On any day, over 20 million websites are infected with malware or involved in phising

Last edited:

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I believe they are all right. :unsure: Well, 80% isn't bad. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

:) All answers are correct: except
  • Some link to dead websites (website removed)
  • Some links to dead pages (page removed)
You see a lot of youtube testers using links from the sources I mentioned. They encounter some dead links (on average between 10 to 30 percent), because most malware URL's are only used for some days. So only from a malware tester perspective this is true.

I was thinking about YT testers but I didn't follow the logic to conclusion.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.