Ransomware

reystar

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 4, 2014
Hello,

what is a good way of protecting my office server from Ransomware? I was doing daily backups on an always plugged in USB but it got hit too (no i cant plug it in and out every day)

Will a NAS help? is CrashPlan better solution? Maybe Macrium Reflex HOME edition that has this Ransomware protection is just enough?

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Yes office, like what kind of software?
Windows' native SRP. "Free", but unmanaged. :)

I highly recommend, though, If you like, AppGuard. Although, AppGuard is expensive and it's yearly-subscription-based. :)

There are also enterprise-grade products from Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Emsisoft, etc. You may want to look at them. :)

reystar

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 4, 2014
Windows' native SRP. "Free", but unmanaged. :)

I highly recommend, though, If you like, AppGuard. Although, AppGuard is expensive and it's yearly-subscription-based. :)

There are also enterprise-grade products from Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Emsisoft, etc. You may want to look at them. :)

What about VoodooShield? That solution would be better than a NAS Backup or a CrashPlan backup?

Reactions: Weebarra and XhenEd

reystar

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 4, 2014
Yes, that can also be considered. You may try it. It's a great default-deny, "computer-lock" application. :)
Haha yeah, i edited the post!

Would that solution be better than a NAS or CrashPlan backup? or should both be used?

Would a NAS mounted drive be affected by a ransomware? Like my USB did

Reactions: Weebarra

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Haha yeah, i edited the post!

Would that solution be better than a NAS or CrashPlan backup? or should both be used?
I'm not sure. I'm not familiar with those. But since they may be backup software, then of course consider them. :)

Reactions: Weebarra

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.