raxa707 config.. i m thinking of changing it

raxa707

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2012
so i have been using comodo for one year now so far so good no infections whatsoever and no slowdowns. but for quite a while it has been giving me problems. my internet keeps on disconnecting all the time but when i disable comodo and all features of it then i dont face a single disconnection of my internet.. so what are my options guys?
help me thanx

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
+1 to vrb93's encouragement in keeping Comodo which I've not tried, yet am aware that many stand firmly behind.:p;)

As you are already familiar with virtual machines, there is a simple to use free software called Sandboxie. Oh look, there's a banner down below!!:rolleyes: So, before needing to access Timefreeze's unique restoration gift, sandbox containment can add an extra level of protection by shielding your system from much of what one's browser is often exposed to. www.sandboxie.com

Last edited:
Reactions: vrb93

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Have you upgraded to 8.1 ? I like CIS. Thanks for sharing your config :)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
i like 8 better...:)
raxa707, had you switched to 8.1 then later switched back?o_O I ask this because, initially, Windows 8 was very frustrating for me.:mad: Then, when the update from 8 to 8.1 came along, this was during a time I still hadn't gotten used to 8 yet, and this felt even more comfusing!:confused: Finally, when those of us with 8.1 received "Update 1" many little things (seemingly) fell into place, and this felt a lot more agreeable.:):) One example was being able to access the task bar from the charms screen, something I'd happily discovered by accident and which also made the desktop page much easier for me to return to. Of course, whichever one proves more comfortable for you is the version you should stick with.:cool: My more serious concern, though, (hopefully imagined) is geared toward wonderingo_O whether 8.1 and "update one" include needed security patches users whom stick with 8 might not receive. I'm just thinking aloud (in printed form):p as this may not be the case, ..and I hope it is not.;):)

Last edited:

raxa707

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2012
no, never upgraded to 8.1 coz 8 is way better than 8.1 and i got used to it. and still it works like a charm

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
Have you replaced Comodo yet? Some may not like it but I have it installed on 4 client PCs, no infections for 6 months now. Better uninstall and reinstall ;)

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
no, never upgraded to 8.1 coz 8 is way better than 8.1 and i got used to it. and still it works like a charm
How can you make such a statement when you have never tried 8.1? I don't understand...

raxa707

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2012
all my programs run fine and i have heard that 8.1 has some slowdowns and some compatibility problems with some programs. 8 runs just fine, and i do think i have to stick with comodo for a while now.

D

Deleted member 178

anyway you will be "forced" to install Win8.1 sooner or later, if not , no more security fixes for you...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.