RaymanPilotwings's Setup

• Thread starter RaymanPilotwings
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RaymanPilotwings

Thread author
This is a pretty straightforward setup that offers in my opinion a good level of protection without slowing down the system too much. As my wife and son also use our computers, i needed a fully automated protection with as little popups and user prompts as possible.

I've tried some backup utilities such as Acronis True Image or Macrium Reflect, but i prefer to save my files manually on an external HDD. It's old school but i'm more in control that way. As for ad-blockers, i don't use any as i don't like it.

So what do you think dudes ? Pretty basic protection, but it works right ?

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I would like to suggest a good free and reliable backup solution, either Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper will do the job for you. :) I know you said you have no use for backups but I think that a system image is important.

Last edited:

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Bueno, yo también soy de la vieja escuela. Pero es bueno tener un programa de copia de seguridad, en lugar de no formatear y poner el programa y configurar, que lleva tiempo, con una copia de las resoluciones a la vez ... también sería bueno instalar ublock Origen o Adguard.
gracias por compartir:)

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonMan and frogboy

Cohen

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
The main problem I see is that you're not using any form of ad/content blocking (uBlock Origin is the best imo). You could whitelist sites you want to support through ads if you wished to.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Implement some type of system image backup solution.
Use MBAM 3.0 as an additional on demand scanner.
What Browser are you using? Please edit to reflect this info.
Consider HTTPS Everywhere in your browser.
Add uBlock Origin to your browser or consider another ad blocker.
Consider CCleaner for system optimization.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Captain Awesome

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 7, 2016
I would like to suggest CCleaner,Emsisoft Emergency Kit(as a Ondemand Scanner),uBlock Origin.
I would like to suggest a good free and reliable backup solution, either Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper will do the job for you. :) I know you said you have no use for backups but I think that a system image is important.
Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.