Reboot Restore Rx

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Reboot Restore Rx

Reboot Restore Rx™ is a Freeware utility that makes it easy to maintain PC’s in small public access computing environments (classrooms, computer labs, kiosks, internet cafes, libraries, etc.).
Every time you restart the PC’s - they will automatically reset to your desired baseline settings.

Advanced Technology designed for small public access computing environments.

It’s a challenge to maintain public access PC's - at hotels, internet cafes, and libraries - where users are not always careful and usage is high. Reboot Restore Rx simplifies the management of PC's in shared computing environments...
Reboot Restore Rx is a non-restrictive hard drive restore product designed for public access PC management. The PC users feel as though they have complete control over the PC. But regardless of what they do, including erasing files, installing software or even hacking the system registry, Reboot Restore Rx will automatically restore the PC to a predefined baseline -- every time the workstation is restarted, or turned on. Making the workstations perfectly configured and available for the next user.

Homepage

a simpler but free version of Rollback RX

My review

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Excellent find Umbra
+3

Is there any difference between rollbackrx pro and this product.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
it is mostly Rollback RX without the snapshots possibilities; you just install it, creating only one snapshot, the baseline, then you can rollback to this baseline in case of crash/infection/end of testing. You can't like Rollback create multiple snapshots but you can update the baseline.

it is an alternative to Windows SteadyState

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
There's a comparison on the Product page.

Reboot Restore RX only contains the follows:
Restore on Reboot - Reset to Baseline on PC Start Up or Hard Reset

One-Click Instant Updates - Update baseline without restarting PC

VMWare Support - Virtual environment or as Host

Protects the MBR - Works below Windows

Mini OS Access - Restore from unbootable Windows OS

Member said:
Is there any difference between rollbackrx pro and this product.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Thanks Earth for link

Not worth to use as only needed if you get infection and try to get system back in shape.

Although I have Rollback rx License but I don't use this types of software as it really impact on system speed (may be in my case)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I'm attempted to install this in unsandboxed environment since I'm aware of its safety from known source.

1) SmartScreen detected it as not widely used by IE 10 and built in from Windows 8.

2) Adding exe extension since it doesn't have an extension when downloaded.

3) Click next from its welcome screen however no DETECTED partition to protect.

4) I've aborted the installation.

Sounds strange but why it doesn't detected my partition C?

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Member said:
Although I have Rollback rx License but I don't use this types of software

i will gladly lighten your from it :p

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
i meant if you don't use it , i know someone that will gladly accept this gift from you :D

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Reboot Restore Rx is far too limited in features to be worth using.
It is more of an advertisement for the full version.

Thanks.:D

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
but still useful for example in an internet shop or very small organization; install = baseline, you can update the baseline or restore it; it is enough.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Umbra: Any ideas why my partition isn't detected by the installer of Reboot Restore Rx? (Since I'm just likely to give a test run)

cptredsox

Level 1
Verified
Nov 4, 2012
But it would work with the same restoration process as Rollback RX ? If i create a baseline with my current security config, change the config to an other combo or suite, i can try the other config as long as i want and could always return back to the baseline ? If this works for me the free version is enough, for testing purpose, not mainly security

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
cptredsox said:
If i create a baseline with my current security config, change the config to an other combo or suite, i can try the other config as long as i want and could always return back to the baseline ? If this works for me the free version is enough, for testing purpose, not mainly security

yes it is.

the free version doesn't have the possibility to keep multiple snapshots at same time, that is all.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
my review of Reboot Restore RX : http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Quick-Review-Reboot-Restore-Rx

Kevins

Verified
Mar 27, 2013
I Literally Signed up to say Thank you. I have been looking for a software like Reboot Restore RX for a while But I cant believe they would Let sucha Excellent program out for free. Anyways I Installed it on my little daughters computer so the little bugger can do what ever she wants and it restores the computer everytime we restart the pc. Thanks again.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
You are welcome, i'm happy i could help someone ;)

you can visit our forum , you will find plenty of advices & tips to secure your computer.

aliloxton

Verified
Oct 11, 2013
Not satisfied with this free software at all. Only image is not worth to restore the system original configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.