Advice Request RedMorph Browser Controller

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryogent

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016
Hello MT members ,
anyone heard / tried this software?
saying it would be better than uBlock Origin, ADP, Disconnect, Ghostery, etc.
It seems that it can be used as browser add-on and standalone installer in Windows, looks a bit like AdGuard.
I have not found much information on the Internet than what is on the official website and a small review here.

Last edited:

cryogent

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016
Ok, first use..... i'm not satisfied with what can offer.
In some websites that I knew I had problems pop-ups are present at the press of some buttons and right click pop-ups the same.
I will check to see if can straighten something in settings.....if not i think I will stay with my earlier combination: uBlock Origin + Disconnect + HTTPS Everywhere + Privacy Settings.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
You have to take it out of "Learning Mode" or it
seems to do nothing, you can password the settings too.
I am not ready to replace AdGuard, but this is a handy lil tool.
I'm gonna keep it for now ;)
keep us posted on your opinion would love a report in few days after testing for a bit. Cheers. :)

cryogent

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016
You have to take it out of "Learning Mode" or it
seems to do nothing, you can password the settings too.
What i say earlier it was with "Lean Mode Per Session" disabled ( i think this was "Learning Mode") or i missed something in settings, and now i put a password on settings but is the same regarding pop-ups,
also: global default settings is on advanced.

D

Deleted member 2913

Seems OK for now, not good as uBlock Origin, Adguard, etc...
Official website doesn't mention "Beta" for browser extensions But its beta, I installed in Vivaldi & extension GUI at the bottom mention "Beta".

David-Cyb

Level 1
Dec 30, 2016
I've been using this for some time. The difference with UBlock, etc is that it is not a pure ad-blocker, but focuses on anti-tracking. It is much more effective. So it blocks cookies, trackers, 3rd party etc. You can customize it using the onscreen controls or advanced settings. I don't use the filters portion, but found it amusing when I added trump to the block word list :)

tip: turn off lean mode and check out the spyderweb tool they have with blocker on/off. Very impressive and clearly shows you the entire tracking ecosystem behind webpages. The activity log is also quite interesting for those who like to see background activity.

So far I like it and have been using it on FF and Chromium.

Reactions: Handsome Recluse
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.