New Update RedMorph - Ultimate Privacy for Browser, Mobile and Desktop

What did you think of RedMorph compared to your preferred privacy protection?

• I'm already using RedMorph

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It's good, but not good enough for me to switch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's okay, but unsure if I want to keep it

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It's bad, doesn't work well

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not interested

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
RedMorph is Free Privacy Protection for Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Android and coming soon to iOS, Windows (desktop) and macOS. For Network VPN protection, sign up through IP Vanish | Link (monthly fees apply).

upload_2017-3-7_18-8-19.png

Ad-Free Browsing - Stop targeted ads by blocking the tracking mechanisms that follow you on your device and browser and display annoying ads.
Faster Loading Speeds - Remove unwanted 3rd parties from loading on your webpage and device to increase browsing speed.
See Who's Watching You - Visualize all trackers attempting to connect to your device with the advanced SpyderWeb™ technology. Stop them dead in their tracks.
Save Data & Battery - Eliminate unnecessary data loading improving CPU performance, longer battery life, and lower data costs.

See how RedMorph stacks up against default browsers and extensions | Compare

Similar thread: Q&A - RedMorph Browser Controller

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Hey guys
Is it better and lighter than uBlock Origin?
As everyone's experience is bound to be different, I recommend to try and then decide based on your needs and expectations.

Reactions: amir 957
A

antreas

Nah i stay with ublock

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Different comments here have my head tangled, is this for phone only and if so does ublock has an app for phone also?

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Different comments here have my head tangled, is this for phone only and if so does ublock has an app for phone also?
Cross-platform - it's available as:
  • an Extensions for browsers (Chrome, Firefox and Safari)
  • an App for mobile (Android and iOS)
  • a Client for desktop (Windows and macOS)
  • a VPN with IP Vanish (subscription-based)
For the browser, it includes uBlock in their comparison chart.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
There was a thread about this app/extension
Q&A - RedMorph Browser Controller

I tried it immediately after I read the thread but I uninstalled 10 minutes later because there is nothing outstanding compared to ublock for me to switch. It used more resources than uBO also. Not sure if everything is still correct in recent versions

David-Cyb

Level 1
Dec 30, 2016

I tried it immediately after I read the thread but I uninstalled 10 minutes later because there is nothing outstanding compared to ublock for me to switch. It used more resources than uBO also. Not sure if everything is still correct in recent versions
It does more than uBO my friend. It blocks unwanted cookies (uBO does not) and more trackers than uBO. Also its visualization is superior with SpyderWeb which allows for more nuanced control if you like. It has an inbuilt encrypted proxy/vpn service. Turn on lean mode and it uses less resources. Also the tracker definitions are updated weekly. I also like their Android app and its quite powerful.

cryogent

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016

Like @Evjl's Rain said at that time RedMorph not working as it should so I decided my self to uninstall it.

It does more than uBO my friend. It blocks unwanted cookies (uBO does not).

Maybe, but if you want you may hardening your browser by not accepting 3rd party cookies (or add custom cookies filters in uBlock 3rd party filters).

Also its visualization is superior with SpyderWeb which allows for more nuanced control if you like.

IMO - more or less...marketing

It has an inbuilt encrypted proxy/vpn service. Turn on lean mode and it uses less resources

How safe/secure do you think is their VPN service?

Also the tracker definitions are updated weekly

uBlock Origin update trackers definition as well

IMO uBlock is more customizable through 3rd party filters and maybe trough his spartan interface is not suitable to most users.

Last edited:

Kubla

Level 8
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
I am testing this one out I noticed there is a setting that allows to automatically delete cookies when you leave a site rather than just on browser exit I like that idea.

14Sp2

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.