Troubleshoot Refreshing/resetting Windows 10 issue

alexbach

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 31, 2018
Hi Everyone,

My laptop is pretty slow and I am planning to get the new MacBook Air. However, I have to use it till the Mac hits the market. Unfortunately, the only thing I haven't tried is refreshing/resetting Windows. But I can't even do that because the error "There was a problem refreshing/resetting your PC, No changes were made"

Any help?

ChemicalB

Level 8
Verified
Sep 14, 2018
Maybe an OS image made with Macrium could be useful in this case.
I don't know what could be the cause of your problem, you might try with a new and clean ISO installation.

Reactions: vtqhtr413
Upvote 0

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Hey, I don't know how to install an OS using an ISO file. However, I do have the installation CD that comes with the system.
So use the CD. If you have a hardware problem, reinstalling Windows will not help. But if it is software, there is a good chance that reinstalling will help.
Be prepared to reinstall your programs, and backup your important data before you start.

Reactions: oldschool
Upvote 0
L

Local Host

Hi Everyone,

My laptop is pretty slow and I am planning to get the new MacBook Air. However, I have to use it till the Mac hits the market. Unfortunately, the only thing I haven't tried is refreshing/resetting Windows. But I can't even do that because the error "There was a problem refreshing/resetting your PC, No changes were made"

Any help?
Most of the times I saw this error, was related to a dying hard-drive, I hope for your sake it's a Software Issue.

Upvote 0

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
Upvote 0

stefansalvatore

Level 1
Nov 1, 2018
Hi,

There was a problem resetting your PC message can prevent you from restoring Windows 10 to the original state. So as @imuade and @Umbra suggested, I'd also recommend you to do a fresh installation. Most of the time this is only a software problem.

You can also try the "Start System Oriented Repair" on your PC too. There is a guide here: Fix: There Was a Problem Resetting Your PC in Windows 10 - ValidEdge

However, if you're still getting no success, then your hard disk might be corrupted. So I would suggest you check your Hard Drive Health using this tool first: Hard Disk Sentinel - HDD health and temperature monitoring

Upvote 0
L

Local Host

You can fix any Windows Files with Windows ISOs, by booting the setup and entering recovery mode (is way more efficient than the built-in recovery mode in most cases, cause most Windows setups are badly done without the recovery partition that Windows needs).

Is faster than a clean install, and you won't lose any files.

Reactions: alexbach
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.