Advice Request Regarding HitmanPro 30 Day Trial Activation

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LookingForHelp

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 14, 2016
Hello and thank you for viewing this thread!

Today I got tasked with sorting out adware that has been plaguing my family`s PC for a while. I searched around for info and got recommended to run several Malware Detection scans, one of them HitmanPro. HitmanPro found some things and when I proceeded to remove everything suspicious I was prompted to activate the 30 day free license in order to do so but after entering my email address I got a message box saying that my 30 day license had expired, despite this being my 1st time using/installing this program.

I went to look for SurfRights forums or an email to submit a ticket to but only found an email for questions from the press and a FAQ page with nothing relating to this problem.

I`ve tried deleting and installing it again and different email addresses but it still claims the license has expired. I`m not very tech savvy... at all to be honest, so being able to have the program remove the malware/adware/viruses it finds for me, (at least this 1st time around before I consider whether I should buy this one or look for an alternative) is very important.

I would be eternally grateful if someone could help me, I have no idea whats going on.
Thank you so much in advance.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
You said that was a family computer. Is it a possible a family member installed HitmanPro long ago?

Btw, you can go to WildersSecurity, and ask Erik there as well. Since I think they are more active there.

Regarding your problem with adware, you can try Zemana Antimalware, which is free.

LookingForHelp

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 14, 2016
It is not as no one else speaks sufficient english or has any interest in pc related issues in the first place =)
Oh neat! ^^ Thank you, I`ll keep that in mind but I suppose I best wait at least until tomorrow because I already messaged them here =)
Thank you very much , I will check that one out ^^

W

Wave

Thank you ^^ I will look there for assistance then, if the problem persists after everything.
Sometimes there can be an issue relating to malware being embedded within your system after cleaning detection's out (without you being aware). Once your system becomes compromised unless you have a log of everything that occurred/have the samples for analysis, you can never be sure your system is fully clean from infection after scanning/repair.

The Malware Removal Assistance area here usually works by you making a log of your system using various tools linked to you (standard approach), then the expert (e.g. @TwinHeadedEagle is an expert on this forum for malware removal) will analyse the logs and try to find any problems and if there are any, send you back a script to be ran to resolve the issue (e.g. found a threat so he sends a script to clean it) (or any other method of resolving the found problems).

That's also the standard approach to most forums practise on malware removal assistance, since there is only so much you can do over the internet when trying to help someone (e.g. some infections can completely conceal themselves from logging tools or are just too complex to deal with properly without having access to the system).

Best you make a thread after cleaning it up with HitmanPro for a quick check-up anyway just to make sure you're more on the safer side! :) But even if you don't want too you should be fine really in reality if it really was just Adware after some cleaning with tools like HMP.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck and I hope your system issues are resolved shortly!
Wave. ;)

LookingForHelp

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 14, 2016
I see, I see ^^ Many thanks for all the information! Always better safe than sorry! ^^ So I will probably do as you suggested once I`ve been able to run both HitmanPro and Zemana Antimalware =)

Thank you again =) Wave!

Reactions: askmark

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
The issue with HitMan activation for the trial, you or a family member has used the trial on that PC in the past.
This is a common issue when HMP or HMPA trial has been on the system in the past. Manually removing it from
the registry is the only way to reset this.

Last edited:

LookingForHelp

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 14, 2016
Hello! Thank you for replying, but there is absolutely no way that either of my parents would have (or could have for that matter) installed it on our computer and I of course know that i myself have not =)
It is a used PC though, but do they not completely clean those out before selling... ? =(

How would I go about manually resetting it ?

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Hello! Thank you for replying, but there is absolutely no way that either of my parents would have (or could have for that matter) installed it on our computer and I of course know that i myself have not =)
It is a used PC though, but do they not completely clean those out before selling... ? =(

How would I go about manually resetting it ?
Seeing your 100% positive that you never tried it, I can't help as it wont be there.
You can try here and see if they can help: Support - SurfRight
I have seen this issue many times, and every time it was because at one point
the trial software had been on the host system even if only for a short time.
Surfright will set you straight, good luck ;)

LookingForHelp

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 14, 2016
Alright! Thank you! ^^ and thank you for the link also but as I stated in my thread starter post, the reason I came to these forums was because I was unfortunately unable to find an email to send a ticket to or anything to help me with this issue on SurfRight`s support page.

I have however sent a message to Erik Loman, like Wave suggested.
I hope they will, thank you! ^^

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.