Released - Foobar 2000 Version 1.1.10

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plexx

Thread author
Foobar 2000 version 1.1.10 has now been released.

Change log as follow:
Apple Lossless Audio Codec (ALAC) decoding support is now included out-of-the-box, using the newly published Apple library.
Fixed WAV handling bugs introduced in 1.1.9.
Worked around buggy Asus Xonar drivers, volume control no longer requires toggling specific options in the driver control panel.
Various stability fixes.
New “about” dialog.

Source

What is Foobar2000:
foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. Some of the basic features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.

I use it along with Winamp due to having to reconfigure every settings I had previously on my system before going for a clean install.

There are many plugins and different ways of customize foobar2000, but it ain't easy and can surely take some time to have it the way each user likes.

P

Plexx

Thread author
Winamp sure has better quality but not by far. Winamp is slightly heavier than foobar. Good thing about foobar is the customization.

I actually have both installed but I haven't completed the foobar customization yet. Got a few components missing and I can't remember which ones are they.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
House_maniac said:
i tried it last month didn't like it as winamp has a better sound quality along with dfx pro :)

You can use dfx pro with Foobar2000.

I've tried various music players, but keep going back to Foobar2000. Easy on system resources, and extremely configurable.

Music Bee is interesting, but I couldn't configure auto-playlists the way I wanted to. (Sorting playlists by playcount, MB can not remove previously listened to songs from the active playlist without re-sorting the results manually. So you may hear the same song multiple times using the random play mode) Communicating with the author through the MB forum, he said he may look into adding this functionality, but it definitely wasn't a priority.

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
HeffeD said:
House_maniac said:
i tried it last month didn't like it as winamp has a better sound quality along with dfx pro :)

You can use dfx pro with Foobar2000.

I've tried various music players, but keep going back to Foobar2000. Easy on system resources, and extremely configurable.

Music Bee is interesting, but I couldn't configure auto-playlists the way I wanted to. (Sorting playlists by playcount, MB can not remove previously listened to songs from the active playlist without re-sorting the results manually. So you may hear the same song multiple times using the random play mode) Communicating with the author through the MB forum, he said he may look into adding this functionality, but it definitely wasn't a priority.
i know i've tried it no one come near winamp with dfx pro,only software i found which has a good sound quality without dfx pro is aimp 2 and 3 :) i respect everyone choices but i'll stick to winamp i just hope they improve the skin and make it lighter just like foobar2000 which is nice for people with slow pc :)

P

Plexx

Thread author
RE: Released - Foobar 2000 Versions

Foobar 1.1.11 Beta 1 has now been released a few hours ago.

Changelog:
Improved built-in crossfading functionality, new fading configuration in Preferences / Output.
Fading functionality available with built-in DirectSound mode only.
New .fb2k-component file type extension for foobar2000 component packages.
Fixed some potential security issues.
Added type-find in the default playlist view.
Added support for album art in APEv2 tags on MP3 files.
Fixed more WAV handling bugs.

Source

jota13

Level 2
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
Once I very liked Foobar 2000 and it was my default media player.

I still like this software but I play audio files using Pot Player. It is free multimedia player but I use it only to play audio files and playlists.

I use beta version Foobar 2000 and I haven't any problems with this software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.