Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 7, 2016
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
When try to format Sd card it show "Write protcted"
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Click on Start > search for CMD > Right click and Run as Administrator.
Now type “diskpart” in CMD without quotes and press the enter button.
Now after doing this type “list disk” (without quotes) and once again press enter button.
Now type “Select disk 1” in order to select SD Card or USB drive and press enter button.
Now in order to remove write protection error type “attributes disk clear readonly” without quotes and press the enter button.
Now type exit to complete the process and done!
Help me.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Try cleaning the ports and cards with air.

Do you have access to Linux or OS X to manage the Micro SD Card?

Reactions: Logethica
Upvote 0

Captain Awesome

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 7, 2016
Upvote 0

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Hey out of curiosity I have destroyed the locks of my SD cards is there a way to still use them? Does this solution work? My SD card acts like its always on lock since the lock itself is off. :p

Upvote 0

ravi prakash saini

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 22, 2015
99% chances are you will not be able to use the card again but you can recover the data using Linux.l have used this method many times after unsuccessfully trying registry tweaks and running recovery software.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.