_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Here are my settings, I have not changed many as there is no need to.
Remember until you train it you will receive popups but be patient.
Password protecting your settings is also a good idea.
VS_SS1.png

VS_SS2.png

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
if you keep getting prompts from device related command lines, such as your printer,
then open up the command line and edit it, look for all the places where there are variable/random characters, and replace each place with a *

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
Hi everyone. I just owned a 2-year pro license of voodooshield.

I read the official User guide from voodooshield but now I still have no idea what to tweak to make it better and not more annoying

What I did:
- Uncheck "Automatically allow parent process..."

Thank you

I would love a tweaking guide too. When i first installed it, messed with the settings to make it more secure & robust.... Messed up my installations & system.

Then, after resetting VS & system, i found out that keeping the settings at default for VS is likely the best option.

One thing that was a life saver for me - Custom Folders. When i enabled it, i found out that, even if the VS is OFF, it is still protecting the USERS folder (most likely for ransomware protection). When i disabled that & enabled some of my own custom folder, it is a lot more manageable & user friendly than default.

ScreenShot00505.jpg
ScreenShot00504.jpg

Also, i have some other Web Apps in the list. Custom Folder is enabled with everything uncheck in section 'When VS is OFF'.

Do you agree with these settings? Should i make any changes?

Last edited:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I would love a tweaking guide too. When i first installed it, messed with the settings to make it more secure & robust.... Messed up my installations & system.

Then, after resetting VS & system, i found out that keeping the settings at default for VS is likely the best option.

One thing that was a life saver for me - Custom Folders. When i enabled it, i found out that, even if the VS is OFF, it is still protecting the USERS folder (most likely for ransomware protection). When i disabled that & enabled some of my own custom folder, it is a lot more manageable & user friendly than default.

Also, i have some other Web Apps in the list. Custom Folder is enabled with everything uncheck in section 'When VS is OFF'.

Do you agree with these settings? Should i make any changes?
good but "automatically allow by parent process (...)" must be unchecked (in Advanced tab) so a will be protected against ransomwares
if it's on + you allow the jscript to run -> it will download its payload exe files and those will be allowed automatically without being scanned -> infected

you can also uncheck "Deny by default..." -> popup with options to allow or block will show immediately, you don't have to click the yellow popup to show this anymore -> less clicks, less annoying

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
good but "automatically allow by parent process (...)" must be unchecked (in Advanced tab) so a will be protected against ransomwares
if it's on + you allow the jscript to run -> it will download its payload exe files and those will be allowed automatically without being scanned -> infected

you can also uncheck "Deny by default..." -> popup with options to allow or block will show immediately, you don't have to click the yellow popup to show this anymore -> less clicks, less annoying

I have "Deny by default..." on because i don't need popups to select the allow or block. I need it to automatically lock down my system as anything i am doing is already whitelisted. Also, everytime i install a update or software, i close all the web apps so the protection is OFF as i already checked the downloaded file for anything malicious.
For me, having this setting on, is more user friendly.

And for "automatically allow by parent process", nice suggestion. Fixed it.

Any more suggestions? What about Voodoo Ai sensitivity? Is 110% alright?

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I have "Deny by default..." on because i don't need popups to select the allow or block. I need it to automatically lock down my system as anything i am doing is already whitelisted. Also, everytime i install a update or software, i close all the web apps so the protection is OFF as i already checked the downloaded file for anything malicious.
For me, having this setting on, is more user friendly.

And for "automatically allow by parent process", nice suggestion. Fixed it.

Any more suggestions? What about Voodoo Ai sensitivity? Is 110% alright?
it's OK. VoodooAI sensitivity is nothing but just shifting the Ai score to the more Safe or Unsafe side, as far as I observed

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
I downloaded the user guide of VS to better understand the settings & other features & found out that version 3 beta had a blacklist of most commonly exploited items. See the image.

ScreenShot00506.jpg

Why was this removed from the later on beta releases?

I really think having these blacklist items to toggle ON/OFF is a good thing for advanced users. What do you guys think?

D

Deleted member 2913

shukla44,

Those are hard coded now. I had asked Dev about the options & he had mentioned options will be back in the GUI, dont know when?

I too think blacklist items ON/OFF is a good thing for advanced users, etc...

Reactions: JB007 and shukla44

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
I downloaded the user guide of VS to better understand the settings & other features & found out that version 3 beta had a blacklist of most commonly exploited items. See the image.

View attachment 126091

Why was this removed from the later on beta releases?

I really think having these blacklist items to toggle ON/OFF is a good thing for advanced users. What do you guys think?
This option should have been back in 3.5 stable release.

One thing to notice: Restoring snapshot or setting doesn't restore command-line rules.

IMO, these two things should be dealt with. VS is very good of a product to pass on.
Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.