Rising PC Doctor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibrad

Thread author
Apr 29, 2011
Rising PC Doctor is a tool I used in the past, now I will try to explain what it does but its not really an Anti-Malware tool yet it can help as one.

Rising PC Doctor is a set of tools combined into one. It contains things like a process managers, USB guard, url guard, exploit guard, software updater, and anti-trojan all combined into one.

Now I was never able to get the exploit guard or URL guard to work, and I never tested the Anti-Trojan or Software updater but the cloud process manager was pretty cool. It would let you rate the files running, give a simple cloud analysis, and let you send it to Risings Labs if it was new. Over all it came in handy when I wanted to check what was running.

The only thing it does not officially support Windows 7. On Windows 7 if you reboot your computer the automatic updater will not load. However for each Windows session if you open up the main UI once the automatic updater will keep loading.

Over all it seemed like a rather interesting program. I would not be using it to block malware but I use it to monitor the machine incase an infection comes in. It gives a clear ability to see any unknown programs. I can say the USB guard words well in my tests.

Some people at Wilders also tested it and could not get the behavior blocker stuff to work so I honestly just ignored that stuff. However I remember in the past one person tested it and in IE if you clicked run instead of save it would pop up a warning of something trying to load.

You can check out the program here: Rising PC Doctor Home page

Anyone else try it? Thoughts?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Would the program work if set to Compatibility Mode in Windows 7?
Code:
Run this program in compatibility mode for? Windows Vista (SP1/2)

Ibrad

Thread author
Apr 29, 2011
I have actually never tested that, I may reinstall it in a couple of days and I may be able to test that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.