• I have never tried this product

Votes: 24 58.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibrad

Thread author
Apr 29, 2011
First off about the real time protection, from my analysis it does not have real time protection (and I doubt v6 did either). Now when attempting to start Malware URL Filtering or Malware Shield you get the prompt to install Rising Personal Firewall or Rising Antivirus. So its more of an aid to your current security software then actually security software. However it does have a fully useable Trojan Scanner that is connected to the Rising Cloud Security Network. Have not tested how well its detection is since its kinda slow on my old machine, thanks to my 2000ish processor and XP is running way under the normal specs.

Memory usage: About 15k on my old Windows XP Box Loads 3/4 processes always running in the background depending if the UI is open or not.

Security Features: The Cloud AntiTrojan System, it also has a USB protection system. It also contains a cloud process monitor and started viewer. Pretty much a bunch of tools you would have had to have seprate but all in one package.

Personally my favorite thing about it is the Cloud Process Manager that gives a safety rating. For all the tools it includes its very light and won't take up much space. Personally its not on the front end of the Security Prevention tools but for what it does it seems to work pretty well and does what its designed to. It does not seem like it will conflict with other security programs. I have been unable to tell how good the cloud anti-trojan is but I may install it on all my machines incase someone in my house gets them infected again for a backup scan.

I was using a very old out of date Windows XP and did experience some crashes but that it most likely due to me not using a supported OS and a few times DefenseWall was blocking some things that may have caused installation issues even though I ran everything as trusted.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Never tried Rising. From the results it gets on most of the tests that I've watched and the VirusTotal results that it gets in the Virus Exchange, I would skip on it.

ranget

Dec 8, 2011
well to be honest i always Look at rising as a second Class company

like the Last week they added win7 support and that should summaries the whole company

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
ranget said:
like the Last week they added win7 support and that should summaries the whole company

Just last week. That has to be a down fall. They should of added that a lot earlier. They really should of added when Windows 7 first came out.

Ibrad

Thread author
Apr 29, 2011
Rising AV supported W7 early on (no 64bit hips support however) Rising PC Doctor has always been a product that was a little left behind. The original v6 was based upon Rising AV 2008, this is actually Risings PC Doctor first major code overhaul since the v6 release.

Rising has never really been a leader in on-demand detection tests but its real time behavior blocker in its AV product has always been one of its main strength. It was usually pretty good at detecting new malware.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
As far as I'm concerned Rising PC Doctor is junk.
It releases update almost every week or sooner with never no changelogs listed. I have tried the product on several occasions and it never shows any improvements with each new version. I don't know what they are doing with all of the updated releases but they are not fixing the problems.

It still tries to install Windows Updates that are already installed or don't even apply to your Windows OS. Sometimes the Windows Updates are only for XP, Vista or Win7. Others only apply to 32 bit or 64 bit.

It has extremely high false positives on it Trojan scan.
It will made your system come to a crawl, it displays annoying pop ups reminders every few seconds to download and install what was supposed to be Windows Updates to patch some imaginary vulnerability.

There are many other tools which do the same job better.

Thanks.:D

Ibrad

Thread author
Apr 29, 2011
Wow that's pretty amazing that you had all those problems. I have noticed personally in my cases that program updates do improve upon the stability of the program but I don't know exactly what it fixes. I have not had any slowdown its one of the lightest security programs most of the time I am running so I wonder if it conflicted with another program on your setup?

Personally I disabled the security software updater and just use the rest of the tools and update manually. What did you FP on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.