(Roboscan) Detection after realtime protection off

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sinu

Thread author
I am using Roboscan internet security after downloading a bunch of malware samples I started testing its detection rate and I turned off its realtime protection when I opened the malware folder all samples removed by roboscan without on demand scan and realtime protection was off how it managed to remove all samples with its realtime off and without on demand scan
Can anyone explain

Reactions: Kent

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Do all samples r in quarantine list? Do u set automatic quarantine malicious file?

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I am using Roboscan internet security after downloading a bunch of malware samples I started testing its detection rate and I turned off its realtime protection when I opened the malware folder all samples removed by roboscan without on demand scan and realtime protection was off how it managed to remove all samples with its realtime off and without on demand scan
Can anyone explain
Hello,
Did you download the samples after disabling Roboscan? Can you try again, maybe the real-time protection was enabled when you were downloading the samples?

I have tried to replicate your issue...However, this antivirus is so weak (tried it with 5 samples) that it can't detect the malicious sample even with the real-time protection enabled.
1.jpg

2.jpg

As a solution for your issue, I would do the following:

Go to the System Protection tab, in the Real-time Protection field click on Settings, then go to Detection Exclusions and select the path of where you are downloading the malware to exclude from it's real-time protection.

3.jpg

Kent

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
Hello,
Did you download the samples after disabling Roboscan? Can you try again, maybe the real-time protection was enabled when you were downloading the samples?

I have tried to replicate your issue...However, this antivirus is so weak (tried it with 5 samples) that it can't detect the malicious sample even with the real-time protection enabled.
View attachment 56418

View attachment 56420

Go to the System Protection tab, in the Real-time Protection field click on Settings, then go to Detection Exclusions and select the path of where you are downloading the malware to exclude from it's real-time protection.

View attachment 56419
Want to give it a try......is it compatible with ESET SS?

S

sinu

Thread author
Do all samples r in quarantine list? Do u set automatic quarantine malicious file?
No it was a fresh installation and I set autoclean detection

Hello,

View attachment 56418

View attachment 56420

View attachment 56419
OK I will try

Hello,

View attachment 56418

View attachment 56420

View attachment 56419
I saw your pics in which roboscan is not updated and one of the sample which I can see in your posted pic is detected by roboscan

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.