Safe Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
I'm currently using Kaspersky Internet Security 2015; and I use Safe Money for online shopping/internet banking. Does anyone know, if Safe Money is any good/actually works?

Tony :)

Reactions: Cowpipe

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
It does something:

Before it even opens a website, Safe Money verifies that it isn't a fraud, and double-checks the site's security certificate. If your own system suffers security vulnerabilities that could put your private data at risk, it won't continue until you fix them. Once it does launch, it protects the browser against attacks like code injection and reading data from browser memory. It also blocks key logging and screen scraping.

So it works, but I haven't tested it. Maybe @Manzai can test it with phishing links to see if they are blocked. I would gladly do it, the only problem is that Ubuntu is my only VM which cannot imitate a Windows System, doubt if there's a Kaspersky for Linux at all.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I'm currently using Kaspersky Internet Security 2015; and I use Safe Money for online shopping/internet banking. Does anyone know, if Safe Money is any good/actually works?

I use it all the time and it does work well by providing a safe environment for your transactions!:)
Kaspersky-Lab-Infographic-Safe-Money-10-172210.jpg

http://www.kaspersky.com/au/internet-security-center/infographics/safe-money

Arakasi

Level 4
Verified
Jul 12, 2014
I would like to forward the following post i made on the ESET Forums regarding Safe Money.
My professional opinion of the design is bloatware. You don't need extra toolbars, extensions, addons, virtual environments which provide false sense of protection. You simply need a product that watches for keyloggers, and also rootkits, as well as scans ports 80 and 443 for http and https respectively.

https://forum.eset.com/topic/51-future-changes-to-eset-smart-security/page-6#entry10746

Windows also has a virtual keyboard already.

As cowpipe stated, your vendor needs a good phishing database as well.

Last edited:

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
Hi Cowpipe! I have messaged Manzai, I hope may be Manzai would be so kind and do a review. Hope you are well.

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
Hi Cowpipe! I have messaged Manzai, I hope may be Manzai would be so kind and do a review. Hope you are well.

Hi Tony,
I've actually had a really great day myself, so I'm doing good thanks! Hope you're well too :) If Manzai needs some links he is more than welcome to PM me, or I might even put a whole bunch up on the virus exchange so everybody can test ;)

Going off topic slightly, when was it you were going to meet Lady G? Seems to have slipped from my memory :oops:

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014

Actually you can do these tests yourselves, the links are not malicious, they just trick you into entering your personal data. I always run Phishing Links from the Malware Hub with only Sandboxie as it is no harm if you already know it's phishing. Even trojan-infested sites are safe as long as you don't click ANY prompt.

Reactions: Venustus
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.