Script Filtering and Fingerprinting Protection

Which do you prefer? (uBo is not an option)

• Firefox w/ script blocking (jshelter, NoScript, etc.)

• Firefox w/ privacy.resistFingerprinting

• Chrome-based

• Other

• None (specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sammo

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2012
I feel Brave would be a much better option with less site breakage as I have read from some users have experienced.
Brave works really good. I just hate that off-putting orange highlight.

n8chavez

Level 17
Thread author
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
I don't like Brave because it's not customizable; everyone's Brave browser looks and acts the same. That's not good, in my opinion. I prefer Vivaldi if I want anything Chrome-based.

Reactions: Sammo

YuanJiawj

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 9, 2014
I think hardening Firefox with about:config is the best option, as using an extension with a small user base like JShelter or any other unpopular extension just makes you stand out in its own way.
Can you share a link to how to do this? Currently I’m using strict mode on Firefox and I want to try this :)

Reactions: Kongo

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Can you share a link to how to do this? Currently I’m using strict mode on Firefox and I want to try this :)
If you are new to this I'd recommend you to try LibreWolf which is a fork of Firefox with hardened privacy settings and additional privacy enhancing tools preinstalled. If you just want to stick to the real Firefox you can try this: How to Set Up Firefox for Privacy | avoidthehack!

But I really advise against it if you don't know much about this topic as some about:config settings might stop websites to function properly or might cause weird behaviours.

Last edited:

YuanJiawj

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 9, 2014
If you are new to this I'd recommend you to try LibreWolf which is a fork of Firefox with hardened privacy settings and additional privacy enhancing tools preinstalled. If you just want to stick to the real Firefox you can try this: How to Set Up Firefox for Privacy | avoidthehack!

But I really advise against it if you don't know much about this topic as some about:config settings might stop websites to function properly or might cause weird behaviours.
Thanks for the advice! i'll give a spin to LibreWolf :)

Reactions: Kongo

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.