Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Seagate has announced that it's shipping the second generation of its popular hybrid drive, the Momentus XT.

seagate_1.jpg

The new hybrid Momentus XT drive now offers up to 750GB of storage space.
(Credit: Dong Ngo/CNET)

Link: Read more.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
McLovin said:
Seagate has announced that it's shipping the second generation of its popular hybrid drive, the Momentus XT.

seagate_1.jpg

The new hybrid Momentus XT drive now offers up to 750GB of storage space.
(Credit: Dong Ngo/CNET)

Link: Read more.

I haven't read the article but I have heard that it should almost be at the same SSD. This kind of disks are calld SSH (Solid Sate Hybrid).

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I love SSDs. Yes they don't last as long but I love them. They write faster and read faster which is really good.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
McLovin said:
I love SSDs. Yes they don't last as long but I love them. They write faster and read faster which is really good.

You're think of their rewrite cycles, 3000 to be exact, which is true kind of true. TRIM should extend their life. Having SSH are quite optimal since SSH use SSD as cache and the hdd as storage.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Valentin N said:
You're think of their rewrite cycles, 300 to be exact, which is true kind of true. TRIM should extend their life. Having SSH are quite optimal since SSH use SSD as cache and the hdd as storage.

Ahh, I see. Well that would be good then.

Eiso

Nov 25, 2011
ASUS' latest motherboards feature the SSD-cache technology built-in while using standard storage hdd. In effect, it performs pretty much the same as Seagate's SSH without the extra cost.

Checkout ASUS Sabertooth X79

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Eiso said:
ASUS' latest motherboards feature the SSD-cache technology built-in while using standard storage hdd. In effect, it performs pretty much the same as Seagate's SSH without the extra cost.

Checkout ASUS Sabertooth X79

I though only the Z68 had that function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.