Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Another PlayStation 3 hacker sued by Sony follows geohot's lead and plans to put up a strong legal fight against the company in Europe.

Alexander Egorenkov, better known in the PS3 hacking community as graf_chokolo, had his house in Germany raided last week because of a criminal complaint filed by Sony's European branch.

"I was sued by the state for spreading copyrighted SONY’s and PS3's stuff (criminal procedure) and by SONY for example for Sonic and games i asked from others to upload and other things (civil pocedure). So, sued twice. Police comfiscated my PC and all my PS3s," the hacker said, according to PS3Crunch.

However, like George Hotz, aka geohot, who is determined to fight the company in US, Egorenkov does not intend to go down easily and threatens Sony in defiance.

"They still do not get how my mind works. They just know me as a hacker, programmer. It’s the one side of medal, the other side, my personality, the person who stands behind graf_chokolo, they have no clue about him.
They want to make an example of me, to show the other hackers what will happen to you if they mess with SONY, but they chose the wrong person. I’m not a spineless sheep they thought me to be. Take care SONY, because i could make an example of you,"
he writes.

The hacker also confirmed that he hired additional lawyers in preparation for the fight. The legal fees won't probably be too much of a problem

More details - link

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.