Secunia PSI 3.0 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

savit

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 9, 2011
Secunia PSI 3.0 Beta (Give your PC the protection it deserves!)

The Secunia Personal Software Inspector (PSI) Beta is a free security scanner that identifies vulnerabilities in non-Microsoft (third-party) programs which can expose PCs to attacks.

Site

Download

image2uu.jpg

[Other info] PSI 3.0: Auto-Patching for Dummies

Last edited by a moderator:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Brilliant update. Perfect for all users, especially new users to whom I will recommend this too.

Comodo-like minded users might complain for lack of an advanced interface.

V

Vextor

I've installed the beta and it's really nice to use. I like the new simple interface and the display after the scan. However, I think there could be an option for a interface that contains more information, however it's very hidden so only the advanced users could access it. I would like it even if it was the old interface as the advanced mode, as it would allow for more information when I want it, just an option to switch back added as well.
+1 for the news.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
So far I've been extremely unsuccessful to installing an out-dated version to Flash Player, to see how Secunia PSI 3.0 Beta responds to it.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Secunia PSI (3.0 BETA V2)

They've improved since the first release of the BETA.

Settings

Show Programs

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
earlier version took a long time to start...how good is this new version....

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
Updated, thanks. Love the new look!

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
No new updates yet, but it would be great if you could set it to scan custom locations (ie. for portable applications).

D

Deleted member 178

Hmmmm...it fails with me, says that i'm all up to date when i know that i'm not :D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Posted on the 21st May 2012 for Secunia PSI 3.0 BETA 3

Hello

We're happy to announce that Beta 3 of the Secunia PSI 3 is available for testing.

As mentioned with the release of Beta 2, we have been working to (re)introduce a few more features known from the Secunia PSI 2, while preserving the simplicity of the Secunia PSI 3.

Changes with Beta 3:
* Secunia Profile / Community Forum Integration
* Added History log
* Added Ignore Rules
* Ability to select drives to scan
* Various bug fixes and design improvements

Download the new Beta 3:
http://secunia.com/psi_30_beta_launch/

Stay Secure

Jakob

http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/12675/secunia_psi_3_beta_3

jota13

Level 2
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
I prefer stable version of Secunia Software Informer, because I had problems with it unstable version. I don't know why...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.