Advice Request Secure a plus stand alone

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Hi i am very interested in this solution for another of my machines, i like to know whats your experience ¿Do you use it stand alone? i think in theory it offer good protection stand alone. What are the offline AV ¿What are your experiences whith this product?

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Hi i am very interested in this solution for another of my machines, i like to know whats your experience ¿Do you use it stand alone? i think in theory it offer good protection stand alone. What are the offline AV ¿What are your experiences whith this product?
They have some awards on avlab tests, doesnt sound too bad to be free product aswell

Actually will give this a go someday in future

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
i thought they marketed themselves as a supplementary product, not as a stand alone? i used to use it with defender. i liked it.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
I know it can be used as a complementary product but they have a offline av and in theory is a complete product, i know they use avira engenie in offline av and whitelist system . Sorry i dont understant the video

Reactions: vtqhtr413

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
I know it can be used as a complementary product but they have a offline av and in theory is a complete product, i know they use avira engenie in offline av and whitelist system . Sorry i dont understant the video
yeah, i recall that, but i think the offline was clamav. so i used it with defender instead.

military

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 13, 2012
Freemium (free 1 year) version with clamav. Premium with Add-On Avira uses Avira engine.
Version 4 is still worth using without clamav, but with other anti-viruses (Windows Defender, example). imho
Version 5 beta (or when it will be final) can probably use without other antiviruses. I take an active part in testing, APEX (offline engine by SecureAplus) is interesting and I'm glad that they took up their engine and is glad that he uses artificial intelligence, but its level of detection would be worth improving (educating).

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Hi thanks for the clarifty i see i have 2 licences but i dont know if have avira add on how can i check i have premimum licences but i bougth 1 before they relesed avira add on and the other one i use it before they relesed it

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

They really need to hire someone that knows how to market and clarify. Their offerings are so convoluted and the information so lacking you can tell it was done by a programmer/engineer.

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
Hi thanks for the clarifty i see i have 2 licences but i dont know if have avira add on how can i check i have premimum licences but i bougth 1 before they relesed avira add on and the other one i use it before they relesed it
i suppose you can do a scan and see if you have 50 false detections, lol. ;) (if you do ... it means it scanned with clamav).

it's been awhile since i used it, but i think in the settings you had to turn on off-line detection, and it would download clam or avira. i suspect it will tell you which one it is downloading (?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.