SecureAplus vs Crystal security

VirusAttak

Level 4
Verified
Aug 31, 2014
I didn't personally used crystal security so no comment on it .. secureAplus use virustotal and their are more then 10 av engines, you can read my review on secureAplus. it does not have firewall ( hard to find in free av ). it use around 15mb of ram in my test.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I will not choose which is better but worth to include for those who want more sufficient protection.

SecureAplus which also a multi engine for accurate reference of detection capabilities + including offline engine database which is ClamWin (AFAIK)

Meanwhile Crystal Clear is totally combined 4 various types of protection capabilities as mentioned by the author :)

They are both pretty good as much as possible that very slight chance to bypass them.

Reactions: Kardo Kristal

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
While SecureAPlus uses multiple engines, one of its strengths is the Application Whitelisting. That way only trusted application can run.
The Universal AV serves as a way to verify if an unknown application is malicious or not. If the Universal determines it's safe, then the user can add it to trusted application.

You can read more info. about it here
https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/secureaplus-freemium.350914/page-52#post-2470851

Haven't used Crystal Security, so I won't comment on it.

Reactions: conceptualclarity

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well in such way, its considered to be overkill as the concept may clash one to each other especially on alerts.

SecureAplus and Crystal security combine to each other is already 99.9% a more paranoid setup. ;)

Reactions: Parsh and Andrew999

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.