Battle SecureAPlus VS Voodoo Shield Free VS Crystal Security

D

Deleted member 2913

I find Voodoo Shield light on my system. Crystal Security may be even lighter but VS protection is better with lightness. And VS have few protection modes so you can choose the suitable one.

If I had a personal system I would go for either Windows Defender + VS or may be VS alone.

SecureAPlus will definitely be heavier compared to other 2. I have tried VS & CS & both were light here. Never tried SecureAPlus.

Andrew999

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I find Voodoo Shield light on my system. Crystal Security may be even lighter but VS protection is better with lightness. And VS have few protection modes so you can choose the suitable one.

If I had a personal system I would go for either Windows Defender + VS or may be VS alone.

SecureAPlus will definitely be heavier compared to other 2. I have tried VS & CS & both were light here. Never tried SecureAPlus.
I have got SecureAPlus on my Desktop with 3.2 ghz Processor and I don't feel any slow down but I tried it once on my Laptop once about 3 months ago and I felt a HUGE slowdown. Thanks for reply! :)

void011

Level 2
Verified
Nov 25, 2015
I've tried all on my laptop (i3/ 6GB RAM/ 64bit) with Windows Defender - Both VS & CS don't make me feel any slow down but SAP.

In terms of tweaking, if you like free stuffs then go with CS or SAP as they have more options. Free version of VS doesn't come with many settings - but those aren't very useful for me..

VS have more features than those 2, and they are available in its free version.

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Honestly its all about user preference from convenience and its stability because both have implemented a license retrieval engines for the analysis.

N

Noxx

Despite the fact that both SecureAPlus & Crystal Security exploit cloud-based protection, Crystal Security is the lightest. SAP uses like 12 engines, whereas CS uses only two. Voodoo is kind of in its own category, even though it's still categorized as a defense against viruses. I vote CS, but Voodoo is pretty light in comparison to SecureAPlus from my personal experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

bunchuu

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2015
I have been using crystal security and secureAplus. I can tell you that crystal security is lighter than SAP.
I can't make comparison with Voodooshield since I didn't have experience with it.

stephentony

Level 1
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
I would have to eliminate CS from this comparison since Kardo will be suspending further development until he completes his eight months of military service. He freely mentioned that to me a couple of days ago so I don't think I'm violating any trust there. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.