SecureAPlus

Product name
SecureAPlus Freemium
Pros
  • Straightforward installation
    Very light on system resources
    9MB of RAM usage (even during a full system scan)
    Fast scanning (except the first one)
    Simple UI
    Universal AV uses the power of 12 antivirus engines in the cloud
    Advanced settings for the whitelisting mode are available for more advanced users
    Suspicious files are also scanned with VirusTotal
    Lockdown mode will keep your PC malware-free once and for all
    Decent detection (around 60% in the last 3 weeks with samples taken from MalwareHub)
CONS
Many processes (8)
Very slow first time scan (around 1 hour on my test system)
Paid version offers UAV "priority", so free version doesn't offer full protection
Free version license expires after a year
Offline antivirus (ClamAV) not so effective
If you don't install the offline antivirus, internet connection is necessary
Quite a few false positives (due to the many engines)
BOTTOM LINE
In my view, SAP is the future (along with other application whitelisting or anti-executable programs) of internet security. It won't let anything run, unless you allow it too. Although there is still room for improvement, I consider it to be an excellent solution. Highly recommended.

OneDay

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
Here's my review for SecureAPlus Freemium. I was testing it for the last month (first in a VM, next to my real machine) and that's my conclusion. Hope you enjoy. Any comments are welcome. Thanks for reading.

cyht91

Level 1
Aug 23, 2015
Maybe another good point will be freemium license extension? Just by sharing about SecureAPlus to friends and families (e.g. through social media, referral or writing reviews about them) to earn points to redeem license extension. You may be able to get perpetual license which is forever use of SecureAPlus if you accumulate enough points. But only available for freemium though. If you are looking for more premium features e.g. UAV "priority" as mentioned by OneDay then this may not be that applicable.

R

Rod McCarthy

One of the members here has a review of secureaplus free and says it uses tons of memory, or that was in the comments. I can't remember for sure.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Rod McCarthy : For sure the main drawback for SecureAplus is slow on scanning which experience by most users hence the memory to be consume may increase to finish the operation as possible.

OneDay

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
@Rod McCarthy, I can't confirm that uses "tons" of memory. On the contrary, I've actually found it pretty light. Even during the first time, while it takes ages to finish, computer was very responsive.

Reactions: MisterToto

OneDay

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
Hi, what is the meaning of "Paid version offers UAV 'priority' "?
Hi! To be honest, I don't know for sure. It's in their official website. Probably it means that the premium version has access to the latest signatures, while with the free version you'll have to wait some more time.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.