Syshardener v1.5
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Norton Power Eraser
Malwarebytes Premium 3.5.1
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Google Chrome: Dashlane, Trend Micro toolbar, Grammarly, Malwarebytes, Netcraft, Https Everywhere
Maintenance tools
Drive Booster 6 Pro
File and Photo backup
AOMEI Backupper Standard
System recovery
AOMEI Backupper Standard

TopN0ch

Thread author
Sep 3, 2018
Hello everyone,

I am new to MalwareTips and I am looking forward to hearing suggestions and tips on how to improve my current setup.

My setup is aiming to be as conflict-free as possible (I don't mind if it is not very lightweight, security comes first).

To summarise my setup, I am using GlassWire for firewall (just started using it), Trend Micro and Malwarebytes Pro for AV/AM solutions.

At the moment I do not fully utilise any backup solutions, but I am using MyCLOUD Mirror to backup media.

Also, I am looking for a sandboxing tool that doesn't impact the performance of the application running sandboxed. I used Sandboxie before but wasn't very happy with it.

UPDATE 05/09

- Added version numbers.
- Installed AOMEI Backupper Standard
- Installed OSArmor and Syshardener

- Removed Advanced SystemCare Free

Last edited:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@SecureWannaB3, please kindly consider:
  • Please specify the exact version of Real-time Web & Malware Protection Trend Micro Security & Malwarebytes Pro products.
  • Do You really need MalwareBytes Pro alongside TrendMicro? remove TrendMicro form the section "Virus and Malware Removal Tools", since it's a real-time solution.
  • As for "Virus and Malware Removal Tools", You may add: ZAM Free and Norton Power Eraser, and MalWareBytes 4 Windows Free.
  • As for "Disk Imaging Backup", You may add Macrium Reflect Free or AOEMI Backupper, both are free and reliably.
  • Consider also to run manual backups of important data to external devices, and not only in cloud.
  • Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here.
  • About Sandbox: I use Sandboxie and it's light and very customizable... another option would be to install Comodo FireWall with Cruelsister settings, but removing TrendMicro and MalwareBytes Pro.
Thanks for sharing Your config :giggle:

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
I would certainly use a backup solution. I would suggest that you use Aomei Backupper or Macrium Reflect!

Rest of the advice I would go by Harlans.

~LDogg

Reactions: harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.