security of computers and networks

Status
Not open for further replies.

srs2010

Thread author
Jan 15, 2014
I'm new here and I want to introduce myself.

I am currently interested in follow-up of information technology, especially information security and the security of computers and networks. I am always on the lookout for software security breaches / control and I am also a firm believer in strong passwords and multi-factor authentication.

I wish you luck

I

illumination

Hello and Welcome to MalwareTips! You have come to the right place, it is full of knowledgeable members!

Reactions: Koroke San

Keebler

Mar 4, 2014
hello all.

I just purchased my first Lenovo/windows 8.1. I have been having issues of security breach(s) with my Apples remote desk top so I got a cisco had it secured with a fort knox setting and then set up the Lenovo with the same fort knox settings. However, yesterday while checking my task manager I noticed Apache was running as a background processor and IMMEDIATELY thought my pc had been compromised. From all I've read Apache does NOT come on Windows 8 so I'm unclear how it got there. I can't find it in programs or anywhere else on my computer except in the task manager.

ANYONE have any idea how it got there and how to get rid of it?
Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.