CPU model-Intel CORE i3 8th Gen
GPU model-Unknown
RAM type-Unknown
RAM Size-8 GB
Storage type-Disk
Storage Size-64 GB
F

ForgottenSeer 85179

:) Syncing makes it easier for Google to track you on different devices, better not log into your browser when privacy is something you care for
They don't need such data for tracking ;)
Sync is only for better comfort. Using any Google service give them the ability for (device-) tracking which include also external scripts and cookies on non-Google sites.

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
:) Syncing makes it easier for Google to track you on different devices, better not log into your browser when privacy is something you care for
I use Jumbo on my Iphone to make sure my Google searches and history are deleted on all my devices. I still like the convenience of synchronization. And I don't have any social media apps on my devices. I look for a good balance of convenience and privacy/security.

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
They don't need such data for tracking ;)
Sync is only for better comfort. Using any Google service give them the ability for (device-) tracking which include also external scripts and cookies on non-Google sites.
For syncing you need to log-in. When you log-in they can 'hard' match the device-ID with your user-ID. Just search for Google Analytics feature to track how many unique visitors a website gets across devices.

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
I use Jumbo on my Iphone to make sure my Google searches and history are deleted on all my devices. I still like the convenience of synchronization. And I don't have any social media apps on my devices. I look for a good balance of convenience and privacy/security.
Does Jumbo also removes your data on Google cloud servers? ;)

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
Does Jumbo also removes your data on Google cloud servers? ;)
Good question. Judge by yourself.

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
@Back3 it promises to limit your trail, so I guess it does what it promises (it is always a good sign when companies don't make bold claims about privacy or security)

Fact of life: no software or tin-foil hat can protect your privacy nowadays, but you can make it harder to track you
a) limit usage of your data in the apps/devices you use (so your digital rights are respected) - that is where Jumbo helps you
b) put your tracking data in different baskets (e.g. use a windows PC when you use an Android-Google phone, use different browsers in different devices)
c) don't tie your hardware ID to your user ID (don't log into apps and browsers, take the hassle of logging into websites).
d) limit tagging and tracking of your digital trial by others in your social life
e) disable communications when you don't need them (e.g. Wifi, Bluetooth, Geo-location)

More privacy means more hassle and inconvenience. How often have you gone to the hassle of manually selecting to 'only allow functional cookies' when prompted (in stead of the easy ALLOW ALL)? So you need to practice safe-Hex for privacy also (as inconveniently as that is).

PS: let's stop derailing Security Researchers thread.

Last edited:

SpiderWeb

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2020
uBlock Origin works in Chrome OS. Recommend it. It will filter ads and unwanted content/malware in all Chrome-based windows and apps. It won't work in Linux or Android apps however.

I also highly highly recommend EasyWebRTC Block:

Chrome OS is leaking your IP left and right. Just be aware if you are using a VPN extension that it will only work on browser tabs and the latest version of Chrome makes even that unreliable. The only way to have a sealed off VPN connection is using an Android VPN app. Those work system-wide but they are slower. I use them anyway to create a double hop connection that I need.

SecurityResearcher

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 19, 2020

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.