Serious Noize security setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serious Noize

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
It's probably for others more than yourself. It might be risky for those who replicate it.

More than likely that's the case. I get it. There is NEVER NO "PERFECT SECURITY SETUP" because there are always those out there trying to prove a point by beating "THE NEXT BEST THING" in security.

Either way, I have no problem with RISKY tag, only an OPINION about it, and I can only say that FOR ME that it is enough for my uses.

Reactions: frogboy
D

Deleted member 178

Doesn't mean you know how I use my PC or my experience with computers either, it's as simple as that also.
Either way, I have no problem with RISKY tag, only an OPINION about it, and I can only say that FOR ME that it is enough for my uses.
Good, because i'm not much interested in how you use your machine, i just care of beginners reading your config and eventually copying it and putting themselves in risk.

ParaXY

Level 6
Verified
Mar 14, 2017
I was anti UAC but with Windows 10 I have it set to the maximum setting and for day to day use I don't even know its set (ie: no UAC prompts). On older versions of Windows this would have driven me insane!

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
I'm lost as to why people insist in turning UAC off?
Its better to turn it on IMO!
Thanks for sharing.

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
Good, because i'm not much interested in how you use your machine, i just care of beginners reading your config and eventually copying it and putting themselves in risk.

Something that we avoid here.

Serious Noize

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
I'm lost as to why people insist in turning UAC off?
Its better to turn it on IMO!
Thanks for sharing.

For ME : It's because the way I have my PC setup to run, I use "Shadow Defender" and have it set to run at boot mode "EVERY TIME". If I have something I want to install I test it thoroughly in SHADOW MODE and never turn SHADOW MODE OFF to install it until I have tested the software I am going to install thoroughly to make sure it doesn't contain viruses and other things like connections to places I don't know where they are going.

Also, as for information stealing I use a VPN, I never provide personal information that could be used against me or have monetary or personal damage value to anyone whatsoever, and very important : "If I shop online I use a PRE-PAID credit card and don't provide any information that could be used against me to steal my identity".

As for information protection, I have a bank account : But I have already made it clear and have an agreement with my bank that "I DO NOT DO ONLINE BANKING AND I WILL NEVER GET ONLINE WITH MY LOCAL BANK TO CHECK MY BANKING ACCOUNT, And I also do not have a debit card or normal credit card". But then again, Like I said, I don't let enough information out to where someone could STEAL MY IDENTITY to begin with. This is the biggest flaw with people who think they know about security, they get lazy and think they are safe and say a little bit too much about themselves allowing the hackers to have enough information to know where to look and how to steal. JUST MY OPINION.

I visit the same sites most of the time, and I am well aware of my internet connections, cookies, history, sync, SERVICE PROVIDER INFORMATION, mac addresses, ROUTER MACS, etc... etc... etc...

Either way, I'm not saying my PC IS FORT KNOXX and impervious at all!! I'm just saying, That's how I use my PC and my setup.

As for USB ACCESS and PC ACCESS, I am the only one who has access to my PC.

Either way, you asked, so I answered. It's not "FOOL PROOF" or perfect, but it works for me and has been working for a while. As for privacy, that is another issue altogether, DNS's are everything in my opinion, but I wont get into that.

Have a great weekend!

Serious Noize

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
Because most parrots idiots that has no clues of what UAC is and does.

There is no need for insinuating remarks. I told you my opinion kindly and you told me yours, it's all cool Moderator. I'm not trolling or spreading spam or nothing wrong. In the big picture I do agree with you about UAC for the average user, but as I said before I don't have a need for it with my setup.

I apologize to you if I upset you in anyway with anything I have commented about, I APOLOGIZE. I like this site a lot, all the mods here are nice and very informative.

Have a great weekend! Cheers!

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
I wouldn't want to work/game on a computer that is deep frozen 24/7, but that's just me..
also there is a possibility SD fails and the malware stays on your computer, there is nothing to alert you since you opted out of a proper security suite.

Serious Noize

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
I wouldn't want to work/game on a computer that is deep frozen 24/7, but that's just me..
also there is a possibility SD fails and the malware stays on your computer, there is nothing to alert you since you opted out of a proper security suite.

I would never use my PERSONAL COMPUTER for WORK or FINANCES or ANYTHING important to begin with "TRUSTING SOMEONE I DO NOT KNOW OVER A CONNECTION I DID NOT BUILD MYSELF" because I simply have no need to do so, but most important of all "IT JUST IS NOT SECURE OR SAFE IN MY OPINION!", Your SERVICE PROVIDER always holds all the cards and anyone with access which is always SOMEONE YOU DO NOT KNOW can do a lot with a little/ Just saying.

And my PC isn't "FROZEN", it's : "PROTECTED" 24/7. And I do understand your opinion on work and stuff, But I do not use my PC for WORK, as for games, those are all OFFLINE GAMES ONLY and those are OLD school games I have from many years ago that have no internet access.

I guess I sound a little bit paranoid don't I? Sorry, but I think everyone should from time to time just to keep themselves safe from crooks these days.

I know about the SD/FLASH DRIVE/something you didn't mention "BLUE TOOTH CONNECTION" etc.. I could go on and on, but my point is "REMEMBER WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND WHAT HAS ACCESS ALWAYS!".

Either way, those are just my thoughts my friend. Please don't take them as a test or insult or anything demeaning at all. I'm without a doubt no EXPERT, but I do like to SHARE my thoughts on such things when I can in the hopes that it may help someone else.

Have an AWEsOME WEEKEND!
:)

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Application Whitelisting, IDS and antivirus can also fail. It's just unlikely in the first place.
I would never use my PERSONAL COMPUTER for WORK or FINANCES or ANYTHING important to begin with "TRUSTING SOMEONE I DO NOT KNOW OVER A CONNECTION I DID NOT BUILD MYSELF" because I simply have no need to do so, but most important of all "IT JUST IS NOT SECURE OR SAFE IN MY OPINION!", Your SERVICE PROVIDER always holds all the cards and anyone with access which is always SOMEONE YOU DO NOT KNOW can do a lot with a little/ Just saying.

And my PC isn't "FROZEN", it's : "PROTECTED" 24/7. And I do understand your opinion on work and stuff, But I do not use my PC for WORK, as for games, those are all OFFLINE GAMES ONLY and those are OLD school games I have from many years ago that have no internet access.

I guess I sound a little bit paranoid don't I? Sorry, but I think everyone should from time to time just to keep themselves safe from crooks these days.
Have an AWEsOME WEEKEND!
:)
It's also frozen. Why didn't you also put Shadow Defender in realtime? People don't read everything all the time. Make it simple for them.

Reactions: Sunshine-boy
D

Deleted member 178

There is no need for insinuating remarks. I told you my opinion kindly and you told me yours, it's all cool Moderator. I'm not trolling or spreading spam or nothing wrong. In the big picture I do agree with you about UAC for the average user, but as I said before I don't have a need for it with my setup.
I apologize to you if I upset you in anyway with anything I have commented about, I APOLOGIZE. I like this site a lot, all the mods here are nice and very informative.
Have a great weekend! Cheers!
I think you have mistaken my statement, i didn't targeted you in particular, i just tell what i saw and keep seeing since years about misinformation distilled on blogs by those self-proclaimed experts. They misinform people, tellling UAC is "useless ansd annoying" and then the misinformation spread like a cancer , beginners users disable UAC because of them , get infected and infect others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.