Advice Request Setting up Kaspersky TAM -- how to whitelist all unknown system files?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Kaspersky Internet Security 2016
Windows 10 x64
I am trying to enable TAM, and it found over 200 unknowns, and it recommends that I not use TAM.
Is there a way to just whitelist them all?
I clicked on the list, but I don't see an option there to whitelist.

EDIT: Most of the unknowns are Windows files connected to Edge and various other Microsoft toys.

Last edited:

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I just enabled TAM in mine. Just like yours, mine has 4 unknown OS files.
I think you should click continue. After that, it will give you an option to whitelist the unknowns.

Reactions: silversurfer
L

Lucent Warrior

Kaspersky Internet Security 2016
Windows 10 x64
I am trying to enable TAM, and it found over 200 unknowns, and it recommends that I not use TAM.
Is there a way to just whitelist them all?
I clicked on the list, but I don't see an option there to whitelist.

EDIT: Most of the unknowns are Windows files connected to Edge and various other Microsoft toys.
Make sure to verify all of those unknowns files before whitelisting. Personally, i would leave it disabled. @harlan4096 could walk you through hardening your KIS application, he is the resident expert with KIS.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
strangely enough, when I clicked continue, I was cordially informed that there are 0 unknowns, and it is recommended for me to continue. Okay, let's see what happens...

Reactions: XhenEd

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
You have to select the 2nd setting to enable TAM in Kaspersky 2016, not the big green button [Enable] but the link below [Turn on and scan all installed applications] which runs a deeper analysis of all applications in system, of course will take longer but at the end this ensures that all applications will be processed, and it will let You select all files to block, allow, o just select some of them.

This link, is for Kaspersky 2015, but shows it clearly:

How to enable or disable the Trusted Applications mode in Kaspersky Internet Security 2015

In 2015 version there was only 1 setting to enable TAM, but with 2016 They introduces 2:

1.- Button Enable -> which only run a fast analysis of system files.

2.- Turn on and scan all installed applications.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
got it.
also the first time around, I selected the long scan, but for some reason, it forgot to show me the window with allow some or all.
the second time, it worked like you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.