WD Black D10 12TB 7200rpm External

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@Sfinley:

I would keep MalwareBytes only for on demands scans, and use Windows Defender hardening it with ConfigureDefender or even with Hard_Configurator tools.

You may set UAC to Always Notify.

In Sign-in Options: You should set Account PassWord and/or Windows Hello PIN.

In Photos and Documents Backup , consider to use cloud services (OneDrive, Google Drive,...), and/or also manual backup to external devices.

In Periodic Scanners, You may add EmsiSoft Emergengy Kit.

Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here, thanks for sharing :)

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
I will say you are too overly stacked on maitainence tools, only have one/two of the three you have installed.
Ccleaner
Wise 365
AdvancedSystemCare Pro

On top of this AdvancedSystemCare Pro is garbage and not even worse the time to be sat on ones PC.

Follow @harlan4096's advice above my post.

Rest to of the setup outside what I've stated above is good, thanks for sharing.

~LDogg

Sfinley

Thread author
May 6, 2016
I will say you are too overly stacked on maitainence tools, only have one/two of the three you have installed.
Ccleaner
Wise 365
AdvancedSystemCare Pro

On top of this AdvancedSystemCare Pro is garbage and not even worse the time to be sat on ones PC.

Follow @harlan4096's advice above my post.

Rest to of the setup outside what I've stated above is good, thanks for sharing.

~LDogg
Thank you LDogg. I have yet to make the changes per Harlan4096 but I will for investigate your notes concerning AdavancedSystemCare Pro. Thanks for your insight and opinion.

Nautilus

Level 2
Apr 27, 2020
From the backup programs keep macrium, because it is the most reliable. You can keep rollback rx for sytemwide back-ups and restore. Mbam is only good for on demand, in realtime it is not reliable and puts a drag on your system , the webfiltering slows down your webbrowsing massively. Get a good ( free ) av : defender , avast , kscf or paid : eset , norton or emsisoft. Ad netcraft and trace to your extensions. Touch VPN, never heard of that , so of it was me switch to windscribe or nordvpn or mullvad. Iobit systemcare is not as bad as many say , but leave deepcleaning and registry cleaner alone, allthough this program is too bloated for my taste and makes use of many annoying / unessesary processes that keep running in the background. Thanks for sharing your config!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.